Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Not much blooming now

Posted by Sara-Ann z6by OK (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 20:10

I just have a few roses blooming now. It's been very hot, even though we did have over an inch of rain on Thursday, which helped. I have a few Love Song, one lonely The McCartney Rose, a few Let Freedom Ring and two or three Big Momma blooms. I enjoyed the second flush, I had lots of colorful blooms and the weather did cooperate a little. I always look forward to each cycle, there are usually a few surprises.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Not much blooming now

The McCartney Rose

o

Let Freedom Ring, I liked it better last year. Maybe it will get better.

o

Big Momma- It's a good rose and fragrant too!

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 21:49

Nice blooms Sara Ann! How many flushes do you get to enjoy in your climate? Our second flush will start here soon...

o

Thank you Jim. Probably about 5 flushes. Last year was a little different, I had quite a few blooming all the time, I guess because I had planted so many roses, but not all at the same time. This year the flushes are more uniform, with a few blooms here and there in between. I would say they bloom about every 5 to 6 weeks, hopefully until about mid November. I'll try to let you know at the end of the season, if it turns out differently, the crazy weather can play a role too.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 6:48

o

Beautiful blooms Sara Ann!! I love my diff flushes too. This flush is my least favorite because of the Japanese beetles. Hopefully they will be gone in a couple of weeks. They weren't to bad last yr since I had cut most of my roses back and they didn't have much to munch on. This year though they're even attacking weeds. Lol. Ready for them to go go go!! Judy

o

That bloom of Let Freedom Ring is not to be sneezed at. I think this 2nd flush on Apricot Nectar is better than its first! Wish I could find my camera :-(

o

I love your Big Momma - it has the same color as my Big Purple - they both have Big in their names. Wonder if there's a shared lineage??
Lovely roses!!!
Carol

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 19:24

Beautiful blooms, Sara, especially for the high heat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here