Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phatboyrose

What's Blooming Now

phatboyrose
13 years ago

I thought I would post afew of the roses that can survive this heat. Most of these are new roses this year and are doing well.Enjoy!

Harold

IMPERATRICE FARAH

AIN'T SHE SWEET

BLACK MAGIC

BELINDA'S DREAM

SUMMERS LOVE

VALENICA

FOLKLORE

POPE JOHN PAUL II

PEACE (in the fore ground)

I think that am going to have to put my Austins in the ground they just don't like these pots

Enter the front rose bed

Comments (14)

• rootygirl
    13 years ago

Your garden is beautiful-wow, you walk through the pathway and your nose is smothered in roses.
    I have a couple of Austins in pots, but they are newly planted. Eventually, the golden celebration will have to go in the ground.
    I love the way you have arranged your potted roses, though, with the caladiums and terra cotta pots.
    Thanks for the garden walk,
    Rooty

• flaurabunda
    13 years ago

Wow, that is truly spectacular! What's the rose behind Peace---is it also the mammoth on the left side of the "Entry" photo? Very impressive.
    ---Laura

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Oh, Harold, I absolutely love your roses!!! :) How wonderful of you to share your garden with us. Take good care, my friend.

Debbie

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ms laura the rose to to left of Peace is Cherry Parfait it is my wife's favorite rose.

Ms Rooty I just Love my Golden Celebration this is it's second year in a pot,next year may have to go bigger.

Ms Debbie you are too kind, I'm so glad that you enjoyed the roses again Thanks
    Harold

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    13 years ago

WOW! Can you say SUPER GORGEOUS!! Your path is so pretty so many blooming. You lucky dog! Thanks for sharing, Judy

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Oh, wow, oh, wow! Harold the rose garden is looking absolutely gorgeous and the colors are Just Bursting Everywhere! So beautiful!!! I can especially enjoy and love the full front rose bed and the absolutely gorgeous garden shot(with Peace in the foreground).

What a fabulous treat to see your roses again! Give our hugs and love to Adele too. I wrote to Jim right away, as soon as I had got word of Adele from you and we are all so happy at how well she is doing! Poor Sue still has some of that injury that won't be able to be treated, but I am still keeping good thoughts that her body can somehow heal on its own.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Glad to see you posting some rose pics Harold!
    They all look great!

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

I really like your Imperatrice Farah and Cherry Parfait!!

Your Golden Celebration is breathtaking - I just love the yellow and the shape of the blooms!!

Lovely!

Carol

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Serena ,Judy, Jim, and Carol. I'm so glad the you have enjoyed the roses that's the only reason that I grow them to bring alittle pleasure to someone life. I really love looking at everyones roses and to see the pride that they show in growing them. LOL LOL
    Harold

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

WE always enjoy your many roses Harold!
    Keep posting!

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Yes, Harold! They are such a wonderful treat, and those lucky, lucky visitors--not only do they get to see a visual rainbow of so many beautiful colors, they also get to smell all the Pope John Paul's of yours and Fragrant Cloud and Folklore and the great smelling roses of your garden! Wow and fantastic!

Harold, Adele's kitchen must also be smelling pretty wonderful too, hehe! I'm such a foody fiend, lol! I still remember your yummy basil too! and I drool whenever I think about Adele's lemon pie. I started growing bunches of herbs myself! About 6 varieties of thyme, and 2 kinds of sage, oregano, and agastache, and I've also got some previous lavender that is also growing like gangstas, lol!

• paulieinct
    13 years ago

Great shots. Love your 'Valencia'. Gotta try that one. Is it disease-resistant? Or a prima donna? -Paul

• phatboyrose
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Dear Serena I'm glad to here that you are into growing herbs they are so easy to grow and are soo great when they are fresh.

Mr Paul, Valencia is listed as very disease resistant I spray all my roses so I can't say for sure. It is on fortuniana rootstock and was planted last Fall and it is already four foot tall will post more pictures of it later. Thanks

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Imperatrice looks stunning. And Ain't She Sweet looks a lovely shade of rose pink-red. Thanks for the eye candy.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm