Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The reason I like Climbing America

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 20:32

This picture is an example of the reason I love this rose, I love the soft salmon color and the blooms have such a beautiful shape, I'm sure glad I didn't shovel prune it. I used to only dream that I could one day have these beautiful blooms when I looked all the lovely pictures.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 20:36

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The reason I like Climbing America

Beautiful shot of Climbing America. I can see why you love it so much!!!

o

That is beautiful!

o

Oooh - I love the color - which is strange - since I don't usually like salmon. Lovely roses!!
Carol

o

Outstanding pic. I'm going to start growing mine as a shrub instead of a climber. Not consistently cane hardy here.

o

Outstanding pic. I'm going to start growing mine as a shrub instead of a climber. Not consistently cane hardy here.

o

Love the buds!

o

Thank you everyone. Iris - I love the buds too, I think they are beautiful at that stage.

o

The same cluster now fully open.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 19:13

Wow! I feel enabling happening here!

o

Thank you Seil

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 12:29

I can why. It's quite beautiful!

o

WOW - that last pic is a keeper.

o

Thank you Paul. Are most of your climbers own-root too? I have one modern climber, Dublin Bay that is own-root. It only took it a couple of years to become established, Even though it needs some TLC, it is my best blooming and most vigorous modern climber. I would like to know if you have any own-root climbers and how they do?

o

Sara-Ann: Yes, all my climbers are own-root, except for two. I have a Cl. Cinderella (Kordes) a Garden Sun, both in large pots. I like these two, and may try to find them own-root.

I have Cl. America too, and I love it but am now growing it as a shrub. Same with Aloha, Agatha Christie, White Cap, Zeus, Heavenly Gates (America sport), Cl. Carefree Sunshine, Goldregen, Salita, and others. All own-roots.

I do grow Ramblin' Red, Rosarium Uetersen, Golden Arctic, Sky's the Limit, and Amadeus as climbers. Also trying a few other climbers in pots: Swan Lake, Smiley Face, Scarlet Sensation, Pink Don Juan, and Scent from Above.
I used to rave about Ramblin' Red. Now I'm having some issues with disease, altho this could be rodent damage. Dang chipmunks - the cutest rodent but when you have a hundred they lose their charm!!

I forgot about New Dawn. I got rid of it since it was too monstrous for the location. I also have its sport Awakening, which may be better behaved, not sure yet.

Your Dublin Bay looks great.

This post was edited by paul_zone5ct on Mon, Sep 1, 14 at 14:06

o

• Posted by leezen4u Z10 Sunset Z24 coas (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 18, 14 at 9:59

I love America too. I was worried about mildew in my area but after it's second year mildew has been minimal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here