Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tineke

Posted by kentucky_rose Z6 KY (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 20:33

This is Tineke's 3rd season. Even with the polar vortex, it came back even better. A beautiful ruffly big bloom, but no fragrance. It reminds me of a carnation.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tineke

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 21:51

Tineke looks like a winner kentucky_rose!

o

Beautiful bloom!!

o

Beautiful!

o

Kentucky_rose - Tineke is one I've considered, it's beautiful, looks like a good white rose.

o

I got this one from Palatine Roses. After 3 attempts over several years with Dr. Huey, the multiflora rootstock from Palatine Roses was the difference in my success with Tineke.

o

Looks like a fabulous white. Love the stuffed look.
Carol :)

o

I've had mine for 5 yrs now. Really a great white rose in my garden. I grew the bush for the first two years, then concentrated on the blooms since. I have found that after my first feeding in the spring, I use nothing but fish emulsion on it every three weeks after and most of the blooms have great centers and the foliage darkens up beautifully. June, July, August I use 10-10-10 then back to fish September and October. Once the bush is established it really likes the fish feeding.

o

Ken,
Thanks for the feeding info. How much fish emulsion do you give the bush per feeding? I have Neptune Harvest seaweed/fish and use it in an hand held dial sprayer.

o

Kentucky---I do it the old fashion way. I have several 2 gal. watering cans. I put 2 tbs per can every two weeks. One can on each of my 2 bush's. They get nothing else when I'm using fish. Try it this fall and see how it likes it.

o

Ken,
Thanks!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 19:18

What a gorgeous bloom!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here