Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Why I Love July

boxofrox
11 years ago

Just a few of the reasons why I love July.....Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking ;-)

Queen Elizabeth

Chicago Peace

First glads of the season with a spray of America

Don Juan

Ginger Sylabub

Hydrangeas

David

Livin Easy

Betty Boop

Abe

Comments (11)

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago

I love your photos, as always. Your hydrangeas are really beautiful in addition to the roses.
    You must be much cooler than we are--gladiolas are a distant memory from spring!
    I will be visiting the PNW in the next week or so. Can't wait to cool off and get away from the 90's and 100's. We will be in Portland.

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Love your lacecap hydrangeas! I always mean to buy some..so why don't I? Maybe that will be my next order :)

Also, your purple glads are beautiful. Ours have already bloomed and died back...maybe I need to add more...hmm

Tammy

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Everything is later here. Glads are just starting and dahlias are just now budding. I have so many various fragrant roses and jasmines and daphnes and phlox and honeysuckles that are blooming that no matter where in the garden you are or what room in the house you are with an open window, it's just so pleasant.

Now that the start of summer has hit the PNW (July 5th ;-) you are picking a perfect time to visit. I think they said a couple of weeks straight of mid to upper 70s and low 80s for Seattle and Portland is usually a bit warmer.

• mzstitch
    11 years ago

Very jealous here of your hydrangea. I have one plant, I have one plant I've tried in various parts of my yard for the last five years. It finally bloomed this year for the first time. I got one bloom, and that was it! Yours are beautiful!
    I always like to pick my favorite rose, and I'm loving your Ginger Sylabub! Beautiful.

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's taken me a while to get the whole old wood/new wood hydrangea pruning schedule thang down but I surely must have done something right this time. They are all having a bumper bloom crop this year. Here in a couple of weeks I'm going to try and get a few shots from above, especially the blue lacecap one. The blooms are like 8" across when they're fully formed and there must be around a hundred on it.

• User
    11 years ago

Very beautiful roses,..and nice to see your Glads in bloom as well,..sadly i only have a pink Hydrangea,..yours is stunning.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    11 years ago

July does your garden justice! Everything looks great Boxo!

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

All your pictures are beautiful, as usual. At least you have something to look at. Out here in eastern Kansas and western Missouri we are fried with temps frequently over 100. It is the worst drought in at least 50 years. Consider yourself fortunate. Thanks for the nice pictures so that we can remember what nice flowers looked like.

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Gorgeous Boxo! Jim brought me back! Have been sooo overwhelmingly busy with my new job, and go figure, when I'm way too busy, my freelance clients are suddenly crawling out of the woodwork instead of showing up when I desperately needed the money. EGADS! But I'm thrilled to see your new set of roses and July in your thread is a Joyous July instead of the barren wasteland that Kansas is right now. Bustopher described it to a tee. We are the Dust Bowl over here and guess what, the dang rabbits ate up some of my baby roses too. GRRRRRRRrrrrrr!!!!!! Anyway, I am enjoying your Olympian showing to the Max! Glad things are going wonderfully for you!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey KG,

I get the 'make hay while the sun shines' thingamajiggy. My business is like feast and famine too. Right now, it's feast but who knows what tomorrow might bring :-(

Weatherwise I feel quite fortunate. The early wet probably cost me roses but the hydrangeas are far beyond the best ever. Today the first of the dahlias started to bloom along with my Japanese Pagoda tree. I was a bit sad though because that doubledouble blue clem also started blooming without the White Eden as company. I sure am glad you inspired me with your America to try again though ;-)

Clem w/o WE

America with proper sunlight (finally....3rd times a charm :-)

See you again soon KG !!!

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Your garden is gorgeous, boxo!!!