Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just a few blooms ...

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 20, 09 at 21:10

We've had high-90's to low-100 degree temps for several days now. Most of the roses are crispy critters. Oh the deadheading I need to do.... so little time... and I don't feel like going out in that heat!!

Here are a few that haven't fried yet:

CHANTILLY LACE
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

HARRY WHEATCROFT - no stripes in the heat for some reason

KONFETTI

O'RILLA

WANGUAFONG

WESTMINSTER PINK

WORLD PEACE

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just a few blooms ...

Very nice roses! I like all of them! Wow! 90's and 100's that sure would crisp roses. Temps been staying in the 70s to mid 80's here with cooler nights.

JIM

o

Beautiful pictures as usual, Beth! Wanguafong looks really interesting. I like Harry Weatcroft too. Thanks for posting.

Masha

o

Great pics Beth! I love Wanguafong. Is it a climber or a bush? I was thinking I would like to have a pink and white rose. Thanks,Judy!!

o

Really nice roses, I really like Chantilly Lace and Westminster Pink. Thanks; for sharing and keep them coming. PS And try to stay COOL.

o

You have some nice pictures here. I like my Chantilly Lace also. It seems to be doing okay. I do notice, however, that you make a comment about the disappearing striping on the Harry Wheatcroft in the heat. I also have seen that and posted a little about that on my Rock 'n' Roll striped grandiflora. It is interesting that you are seeing it on another variety with a similar cause.

o

But they're still very pretty Beth and have very delicate shapes! Your Chantilly Lace has such a gorgeous purple shade to it, I'm sure lots of purple rose people will be gushing over your CL. It is usually 90 degrees in Kansas but as of this week it's only in the mid-80s, which is unusual... Hope you too will get a break from the heat!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here