Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Photo of 'Morden Sunrise' rose

Posted by amble Alberta, Canada (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 21, 10 at 21:25

Here is a photo, taken 2 days ago, of one of my beautiful "Morden Sunrise" roses. It was a hard winter on perennials here in Northern Alberta, but my "Sunrise" came through it just fine.

Image link: Photo of 'Morden Sunrise' rose (32 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Photo of 'Morden Sunrise' rose

Hey - I'm from Alberta too!!!

Your picture is quite lovely with the white background - very minimalist so it shows off the beauty of the bloom. :)

I'll never be without Morden Blush. Do you have any others in the Morden series?

Carol

o

Dear Carol (fellow Albertan): Great to hear from you! I also have a Morden Fireglow and love its bright orangey-red colour. I have had a Morden Blush for the last few years, but it died over this last winter. I think it was some early cold days in October before it was hardened off, that did it in. The delicate pink of the "Blush" is beautiful! My plans are for acquiring more Mordens in the future for a new rose bed that I have already prepared but have left fallow till next spring. All the best....

o

Interesting photo of a beautiful bloom.

o

Have you ever tried Morden Centennial - I had it at my old place, and I tell you - tons of bright pink blooms. It looked spectacular!!!! You should try it!!

It's hard to believe that Morden Blush died. That's a tough rose. That's too bad.

What do you think of Morden Fireglow?

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here