Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Hot Cocoa and Friends

boxofrox
13 years ago

Happy Fourth of July weekend everybody. I hope all of you have a safe and sane holiday. Here are a few of the last of my midflush roses, hope you enjoy and thanks for looking !!!!

{{gwi:1262536}}

{{gwi:1262539}}v

{{gwi:1262545}}

The Dark Ladies (These gals are stacked naturally, I did not arrange ;-)

{{gwi:1262547}}

Flutterbye

{{gwi:1262548}}

Scent from Above

{{gwi:1262549}}

LD Braithwaite

{{gwi:1262552}}

{{gwi:1262554}}

Eureka

Lyda Rose

{{gwi:1262557}}

Comments (19)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Hot Cocoa & friends look great boxofrox! Neat how the Dark Ladies are stacked. ;-) lol. Wishing you & your family a happy & safe 4th of July!

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Happy Fourth of July, Boxo!!!!!!!! Hot Cocoa is sooo beautiful! and so warm to the soul! and Lyda is spectacular and one ongoing splendor! Fantastic yellows that make a splash!

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

We had Canada day on July 1st! So Happy Canada day fellow Canadians and Happy Fourth of July everyone in the states!

Boxo - those are WONDERFUL rose shots!! You actually made Hot Cocoa look beautiful!! I'm not a fan of that rose for looks - but yours looks great!! Well done!!

Love them all!

Carol

• rosemeadow_gardener
    13 years ago

Wonderful photos Boxofrox ! I love your Hot Chocolate and the other rosse plus the other plants in your garden.

• inga007
    13 years ago

Lovely blooms.
    Happy Canada day fellow Canadians and Happy Fourth of July everyone in USA!
    Inga

• lesmc
    13 years ago

Beautiful roses and I especially loved Lyda Rose. Just a lovely rose. Your clematis are beautiful,also. Everything looks so lush and green healthy. Thanks for the post. I always look forward to your pictures. Lesley

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Hurray, Karen and many hugs that you are BACK! Be sure to post the very best of your roses for this year too! I realize that this is your winter up in Australia, but we missed your prime roses this year!

Carol, I agree with you that Hot Cocoa for me, it's not the color (I love the colors!) but my fussiness with needing strong-scented roses, but in Boxo's garden Hot Cocoa is one of my absolute FAVORITE roses! And yes, he really highlights the beauty of its warm colors. They always look so FABULOUS!

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    13 years ago

You have some nice pictures there. From what I have seen of it, the color on Hot Cocoa appears rather variable. The color and petal count on LD Braithwaite is also really variable. Thanks for the eye candy.

• ramblinrosez7b
    13 years ago

Happy 4th of July to you too Boxofrox! I'm not too keen on singles but that Flutterbye is very pretty! All of your roses look great!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

I'd be lying if I said I adore Hot Cocoa but all the other roses and your clematis are gorgeous, and the photography is dramatic and beautiful. Happy Fourth of July!

Ingrid

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Boxo, hurry and come see my Stargazer Fourth-of-July Lilies on my lopsided thread! Eluane wants to say Happy Fourth of July to you and the Pom-Poms!!!! It might rain on ours, but at least we have the Stargazers to celebrate! Hope the clouds will stay away from your family celebration too!

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Are the light ladies stacked?

No will power to resist. Love your shot of Scent From Above.

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Boy did we pick the right day. It wasn't particularly warm but it was very pleasant and most of all dry and we all had a great time. Today (the 4th) it rained off and on all day and was lousy.

This is the bouquet I cut of the HC's and others...............

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Aaaaaaack!!!! I read the Gallery threads out of order, Boxo! So sorry! When you mentioned that people were going crazy with fireworks, I automatically thought your July 4th went great with no rains! So in other words, you had your family get together on the 3rd? instead? LOL, well we didn't have luck on the 4th as I had described but thank the Lord for Eluane and the stargazer lilies for keeping up the spirit, :-)

Hugs, Boxo, for the Day that Did Go Right! And I love the new bouquet too! Just love that cinnamon dash of Hot Cocoa in it.

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OoO (Out of Order), that's so funny. Yeah, we were celebrating May birthdays so we just picked the day with the least chance of rain and the best chance for everyone not to have an excuse not to come. Turns out, it was lucky for us that we had the two days OoO ;-)

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Such a lovely bouquet - and look at those long stems!!! :)

Carol

• paulieinct
    13 years ago

Stunning pix, especially the last arrangement. Love Eureka, had to get rid of mine - BS magnet here.

• le_jardin_of_roses
    13 years ago

Boxo baby, I love the shades of terra-cotta on Hot Cocoa. Thanks for putting it on my radar. The Dark Lady roses look great as well and your bouquets are so pretty. Thank you for some glorious photos of your garden!

Juliet

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sweet Juliet,

I'm becoming persuaded that there are precious few things in life that are more fun to share than the gifts of one's garden. Case in point, I just looked at your lovely post and the beautiful flowers and enough said :-) Whether it's a pictures shared or a gift bouquet crafted, nothings says quite the same thing !!!

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH