Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_dark_lady

Roses and Non-Roses of Sunday

the_dark_lady
11 years ago

After a long break I managed to take a few pictures today. Please take a look.

Marina

Rich color of Rotkappchen

{{gwi:1263040}}

Pierre Bonnard (looks like a Pierre Ronsard's 'brother' :))

{{gwi:1263041}}

Gorgeous heavy clusters of Super Elfin

{{gwi:1263042}}

Joelle Marouani to me looks like a floating water lily

{{gwi:1263043}}

Artemis

{{gwi:1263044}}

Newer Delbard climber Soleil Vertical. First blooms on a cutting grown plant. I think, I am gonna love it.

{{gwi:1205852}}

Lisianthus, an annual I will never be without.

{{gwi:1263045}}

Peaches seem to be ready for harvest

{{gwi:1263046}}

A tree frog resting on Rosanna leaf (took this one a few days ago but had to share it with you :)) Whatta a cutie!

{{gwi:1263047}}

Hydrangeas look crisp and fresh (despite the heat and humidity)

{{gwi:1263048}}

{{gwi:1263049}}

One of my dogs (God, bless his heart!), loves to play in my tiny pond. That's why I only managed to take pictures like this

{{gwi:1263050}}

... or this

{{gwi:1263051}}

Thank you very much for looking!

Marina

Comments (15)

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Cool pics Marina! The first two are the best. And the froggie of course!

• inga007
    11 years ago

Little Redridinghood (Rotkappchen) lives up to it's name. All of your roses are new to my eyes. They are lovely.
    The peaches look delicious and the tree frog is adorable.
    Would have loved to see the lotus in bloom. :>)
    Thanks for sharing your bounty.

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

Wow, there are so many of those that I've never seen before. They're beautiful! And what an interesting frog. All of the tree frogs in my yard are little green ones. That grey one is pretty special.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Beautiful pics, Marina! I love that Rotkappchen and the peaches look scrumptious!

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Amazing frog pic, the roses and companions are really lovely.

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you very much for looking and for your comments!

Brittie, this frog is either Hyla Chrysoselis or Hyla Versicolor. They look the same and you can tell them apart only by their 'song'. I don't know what kind is 'mine':)))

Marina

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Every time I see that you have posted more gorgeous photos on the forum, I say to myself--I must remember to show my appreciation for these lovely pics--And then I'm always forgetting. They are such beautiful flowers, and your flower arrangements are to die for. Keep posting and thank you for going to the trouble.
    Diane

PS--I must have Little Red Ridinghood! What a stunning photo, too.

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Marina, your pictures are also wonderful :) They make me feel like I've stepped right into a "how to" book of gardening.

Your little frog visitor is adorable! I haven't seen the grey colored tree frogs here in TN, only the green ones.

Tammy

• User
    11 years ago

Soooo many roses i also have never come across before,..all very beautiful and would be welcome in my garden,..including the cute frog,..oh and the dog.

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you very much, Tammy, Nana and Glengarry!

Finally, I've caught my Lotus in bloom! Beautiful huge flower!

{{gwi:1263053}}

{{gwi:1263054}}

• User
    11 years ago

Truly a VERY beautiful bloom,..its picture perfect.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

All your pictures are nice. Do you ever save your lisianthus plants over winter in pots? Just curious.

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bustopher, yes, I did save my lisianthus over winter several times. I tried to grow them on a windowsill and in the garage under lights. Both methods work just fine. The only drawback is the space they require both in the house and in the garage - I have dozens of tender tropicals that I keep inside over the winter.
    I prefer to grow lisianthus from seed, just have to start them really early. They take forever to bloom when grown from seed.

Marina

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tried to take a picture of my Lotus bloom last night but it folded its petals for the night.

This morning I found the bloom to open completely, changing the colors significantly, adding more yellow to it's palette.

The fragrance is very pleasing.

{{gwi:1263055}}

• User
    11 years ago

It was beautiful before it opened,..now its exquisite,..well captured.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County