Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

SevenTwentyOneEleven

boxofrox
12 years ago

We here in the PNW continue to be wetter and colder than normal while so many others are getting scorched throughout much of the rest of the country. These pics are for you........so kick back and pop an ice cold Carona and lime or an iced tea (Long Island or otherwise) or a lemonade or even a nice refreshing H2O and enjoy :-)

Oklahoma

Hansa

The Dark Lady

White Eden

Ginger and Daisy

Hot Cocoa

Easy Goin'

Livin Easy

Blaze of Glory

Phlox

7/21/11 Bouquet

Comments (13)

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

I love your orange and yellow roses. Wonderful colors.
    Renee

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

whooaaaa, Cocoooaaaa Chanel, whooaaaa, Cocoooaaaa Chanel! Haute Couture, Hot Cocoa Chanel...Haute Cocooaaaa! :D

Heeeey, WHERE'S AD???????????????????? D:-) emoticon for angelic...

Lol, um Boxo, that's not AD hidden above Livin' Easy in the Beau-quet either I'm thinking....Hoping the AD will soon show up again...

I love Hansa and the Livin' Easy and Easy Goin. Just fabulous! Your Hansa makes me regret every day for not waiting for a 2012 Hansa. My horrible naked/dead-bushes' spot had to be filled-- but every time I look at your gorgeous Hansa I think that spot should have waited out the torturous 2011.

ummm, Boxo Jim has forbidden me to write on his thread until he says it's o.k. hehe. He's doing some crazy experiment (sigh) You can write but he told me not to. I gave him the Big Lewbowski and told him Duuude, Duuuude, sorry Dude, you have until noon... lol, hummmm. Or do you think I should let him have his experiment. If you only knew the story behind it, you'd be saying Duuuuuuude too!

But back to your Roses they are looking just MAGNIFICENT!!!! Yeah and whoo-hoo! Just for you I looked up the symbol for a summer cocktail toast. \~/ Cheers to your gorgeous garden!

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Boxo, I have a baby Climbing Oklahoma. I have heard on HMF that Climbing Oklahoma is a very sparse bloomer. How often does your Oklahoma HT bloom? Is it the usual 4-6 week bloomtime? So far all my baby bands are bloom machines but not the Climbing O....Thanks Boxo!

• inga007
    12 years ago

Thank you for your refreshing blooms. Hot cocoa looks delightful.

Please send the rain to Toronto, we could use it.

Yesterdays temps. 35.5�C= 96F, but with the humidity it felt like 49�C=120�F.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Boxofrox, I'm sittin back relaxing, drinking a cold one, and enjoying your pics!
    Everything looks super!

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Nice, boxo! That Hot Cocoa sure seems happy!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Renee.....Thanks, that's kinda my zone :-)

KG, You would be wrong on that AD assumption, that is in fact the Honorable Mr. Darby. Hansa is awesome if even just for that impeccable crinkly foliage ! I also like it because it supplies a bit different shade than any of my others. Not to worry about Jim, me thinks he's a bit bossy for my taste anyways VBEG . Unfortunately, my Oklahoma got a bit freeze dried and one caned over the winter and it would NOT surprise me if that's one of a very few I am graced with :-(

inga, I have done pushed send >>>>>>>>>TORONTO with HASTE :-) We have ABSOLUTELY GLORIOUS AND 80 for this W/E and it's about dang time !!!!!

Jim Bob, I broke with tradition this fine Friday evening and had both a Carona and lime and a MR and Mrs T Bloody Mary. I have had a very hectic last two weeks and it only seemed prudent :-)

Thanks seil, it's times like these that my relationship with HC is on the warm side of the scale ;-)

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Boxo, one cane wonder or not, that Oklahoma would set the stage for the Biggest and Best Rogers & Hammerstein, lol! What a grand showing, and of course it Tops the bouquet! Whoo-hoooo, whoo-hoooooooooo! Oh, dear! I forgot to mention the blazin' amazin' Blaze of Glory.

As for AD, I'm embarrassed. From the view/angle I thought hmmm is that AD or is it Sunset Celebration...hmmm. I shudda ate my parents' hemp seeds first and blamed it on that, hahaha! I'm actually writing from my parents' house. My mom bought a bag of hemp seeds from the Wild Oats Market and it is DELICIOUS! lol! So between imaginary tequila lounging at Boxo's Garden and hemp seeds I am STOKED, haha! The hemp seeds are shaped and taste similar to sesame seeds but they are actually more tasty because they are meatier and have a very sweet cashew taste to them...They go delicious with the Costco crab cakes, lol! and Japanese rice. When I make my own gourmet crab cakes I will definitely use have to get a bag of those hemp seeds.

Cheers and will talk soon! Whoo-hooooo! Whoo-hoooo! Oh, forgot, you must give me a botanical lesson on how to tell Phlox's apart from Hydrangea. You grow both, and I embarrassed myself again with my Dad. He said I know my plants! That is a Hydrangea, when I said uhhhh, isn't that a Phlox? hee-hee! I am not! on my game tonight, lol!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I loooooooooooooooooooooove good crabcakes. We have a restaurant here that makes the best I've ever had. I believe they're mad from Dungeness crab and num-ooooo.

Boy that splains a lot.......hemp seeds ;-)

To help overcome your embarrassment I offer the following.......

{{gwi:1263098}}

{{gwi:1263099}}

{{gwi:1263100}}

I have the hardest time capturing true color on this but here is WS2000 anyways

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Oh man.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Oh, Wowza, wowza Boxo! that is Truly a Magnificent showing! AD is looking so SPECTA-CULAR! And as big as Sunshine! It's not lost on me that AD always is the best Looking Rose in how it so magnificently captures the sunlight. For it to even outdo the Sunshiney Easies with the light quality of reflections- definitely says the world about AD. And tonight, I didn't even do any Hemp seed poppin' either ;-)

whoo-hoo, whooo-hooo for AD!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Lookin good Boxo!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Great shots. Those Abes are incredible!!! And my WS2000 blooms are always small and fuschia (which I like a lot) - it never gets red. Wonder if it's too cool here.

My Oklahoma blooms never get that big. Plus they don't smell. Another wonder if we don't get hot enough here.

Yours Easys are spectacular as always. Love them!!!

Really lovin' your Hot Cocoas.

You did well!!!! :)

Carol