photo IMG_1111_zps910c446f.jpg

Lacy our kitty:

photo IMG_1118_zps84670c66.jpg

Thomas Affleck:

photo IMG_1088_zps2c7887d9.jpg

photo IMG_1092_zps525a06c7.jpg

Cagney another kitty:

photo IMG_1097_zpsafc8e784.jpg

I like these bright Marigolds... Here they do not fade, hard rains do not ruin the blooms and they bloom non stop until fall...

photo IMG_1115_zps88db09ed.jpg

photo IMG_1113_zpsfe7251c7.jpg

photo 100_1226_zps24ff9cb6.jpg

Double Ko:

photo IMG_1051_zps9793e90c.jpg

photo IMG_1052_zps6505bb28.jpg

Carefree Sunshine:
 photo CIMG4842_zps1b36d455.jpg

This post was edited by jim1961 on Tue, Jul 1, 14 at 23:00

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses & stuff

Very nice, Jim. Mister Lincoln is gorgeous. Love your marigolds, one of my favorites. It all looks good, nice kitty too.

o

Looking good, Jim. Bet your neighbors enjoy the view also!

Obviously the kitties think the gardens were planted for their enjoyment. : )

Kate

o

Wow!! Your Double KO is fantastic!!! Tons of blooms!!
Love your kitties - they know where they belong! I have a huge (86 lbs) standard poodle that loves to sniff the roses. He's probably seen me do it thousands of times, and wants to find out what the fuss is all about.
I love the Thomas Affleck rose - lovely!!
I love marigolds too. They can really pack a punch of color.
Carol

o

Love the Thomas Affleck.

Love Lacy & Cagney too.

o

Great pix, Jim. Stunning Mister Lincoln bloom. I may have to try him again. Looks like kittie appreciates the huge litter box you made for her. -Paul

o

Thanks everyone!

Paul,

I have a love/hate relationship with Mister Lincoln. Ours is a own root ML and when I had him in the ground he bloomed so slow and the blooms fell off within 18-48 hours. I only got approx 22 blooms from ML per year.

So I put him in a container this year so I could move him around and experiment alittle. His first bloom this year lasted 4.5 days on the bush with ML gettng 12+ hours of sun per day all those days... Temps were in the 80's and one day of 90 degrees.

o

Jim....Your ML is gorgeous. I really miss mine along with the Okie I replaced him with. Because of the location and our nefariously damp weather, they both rapidly became one caners and hobbled into the recycle bin :-(

Your marigolds and Carefree reside on that 'Easy' section of the color wheel which I am just naturally drawn to.

OBTW, how are your hummers this year. My feeders get hardly any traffic but they do frequent my honeysuckles, fuschias, and waterfalls. The first of my new monardas on the 'Wall of Easy' are starting to bloom and they seem to like those but not much for the feeders.

o

Boxo, the hummers are at both feeders quite often here.
I mix 4 parts water with 1 part sugar (I add just a touch of extra sugar to the mix)...

Boxo, I dug our Mister Lincoln out of the ground and put him into a large container. His blooms last much longer in that container compared to when he was in the ground.

photo 10366027_783666581653280_2407653141506936638_n_zps827c96e5.jpg

Some Zinnia flowers:
 photo IMG_1133_zps4bc80e25.jpg

photo IMG_1130_zpsb42f7b4a.jpg

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 18:47

Great photos of all your pretties, Jim!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here