boxofrox_2007

Here Comes the Rain Again

boxofrox
12 years ago

Here comes the rain again

Falling on my head like a memory

Falling on my head like a new emotion

Annie Lennox

The weather is pretty much hideous here but NEVERTHELESS (my favorite word from the Good Book :-) the flowers they are a blooming.................

Hot Cocoa

W/Clems

White Eden

Sunset Celebration

Betty Boop

Easy Goin

Livin Easy

GS

Comments (16)

• inga007
    12 years ago

Your blooms are so lovely. You can send us your rain. We're pretty dry here.

• bethnorcal9
    12 years ago

Wow. Ginger sure likes your climate better than mine. Waaaah!

• msjam2
    12 years ago

Wow!! I have SC, Easy Goin and GC- they are all frying in the Texas heat right now. :(

What is that very bluish clematis in the second pic?

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Hey Boxofrox you must get alot of rain in your climate.
    We get tons of Spring rains, but drought usually hits from sometime in June through August.
    I just got done watering today as things have been on the dry side.

Anyhow in spite of your rains your roses look great!
    Rose leaves and blooms look cool with water droplets on them!

Check out my thread below>>>

Here is a link that might be useful: My thread

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Hot Cocoa, Hot Cocoa, my Second Favorite Boxo Rose, soooo gorgeous Boxo! And it is heavenly against the purple clematis. I am ready to camp out!!!! Hot Cocoa makes me feel so warm and comforted. I feel like a melted marshmallow whenever I see it!

Ginger Syllabub is sheer eye candy. It's great to see the Great Matchup between Livin' Easy and Easy Going. Tweedle-Dee-Dee whooplaaaaa!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

inga, thanks and I will gladly send you some of our plentiful rain ;-)

beth, she's just going gangbusters. I thought I'd let her bloom like crazy this year and focus on shaping her climb thereafter.

msj2, I think we narrowed the blue one down to Kiri Te Kenawa. If you go to the clem list on T&L and click on her pic, I'm thinking that's it.

jim, we normally get rain but not this much and not at this time. We had to wait till June 15th for a 70 degree day. Even in Sunriver, Oregon where we just spent our family vacation, my niece was angry that she didn't bring her board because Mt Bachelor was still open. We rafted the Deschutes River and normal Class 3's were Class 4.

KG, This mocha chocolatta is for you with a few others thrown in.........

HC

Hansa

SC

AD

{{gwi:1263305}}

{{gwi:1263306}}

Easy's and Hansa

Hydrangeas Nikko Blue and Preziosa

12 years ago

Great pics Boxofrox! How large does Hansa get in your climate? Thanks

12 years ago

ALSO, how often does Hansa bloom? Many rest periods?

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

whooooo-hooo, whooo-hoo, on Abraham D'Arby!!!! Wooowza! Boxo, whenever I see your Abraham D'Arby it always is the Biggest and Best-AD always feels like a Powerload Surprise.

Think of it this way....My poor Dad is stuck home all by himself while my Mom gets to cavort in Italy with her fellow choir members, singing and performing in Italy, lol! Well, I do my usual Friday and Sunday evening visit with my Dad, and he has waiting in the refrigerator the most delicious slice of Wild Oats Market organic cake with almond flavored real whipping cream topping with a hint of mascarpone and with blackberry/blueberry filling in it and cake in between! We only have that cake once in a blue moon so that was a huge surprise last night. That's the way I feel whenever we get to see Abraham D'Arby, it always feels like the BIGGEST and the BEST SERVING of the MOST DELICIOUS CAKE! Laden with full whipping cream, fruited filling, and heavenly scent of almonds, whenever I look at A.D

And Hot Cocoa, my 2nd favorite in line, it's like having real Irish Coffee with whisky, a splash of Peppermint and lots of Cocoa laden. I could get drunk on that rose, hahaha!

And once again, Hansa is really bringing down the house, hahaha on how loooooong and what a non-stop bloomer your rugosa is! whoooooa!!!! I can't even get my first-time rugosa to even send up an itsy bitsy bud yet, sheesh! But at least it's fully recovered! I was seriously worried at first. During the transit to my house USPS must have laid out the package several times outside in the blasting heat I suspect. 2/3rds of the leaves were goners, and the stems completely brown but looks like even the rugosa is loving my super dilute Gardenville sea tea. The leaves looks so fresh and green, but I'm still waiting for that flower. I tried to get Krista's Rotes Meer but no luck! And of course Hansa was not available. So instead I ended up with Amelie Gravereux, if it has no fragrance I'll be super mad! Hansa and Rotes have great fragrance, but Jim let me know that there are some folks in England who say it only has light fragrance :( :( :( The ratings that I read said strong/intense in the U.S. so now I'm sweatin' it.

Ooooo Sunset Celebration is looking sooo beautiful too. Another one of my favorite roses.

12 years ago

Boxofrox, what size does your Livin Easy and Easy Goin get in your climate?
    Our Living Easy is own-root and just started its second year. It's about 28" high and approx. 24" wide

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Well, jeepers, Boxo, if rains again like that in my yard will I get all those beautiful blooms too?!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jim....LE & EG are 7' or so in these pics. They are in the back of the bed against the wall so I let them reach a little closer to heaven :-) I have to prune 'Hansa' aggressively after each flush to keep it to 3.5 to 4' She has a real heavy flush in mid to late spring and then off and on till frost.

seil...........you have my word on that ;-)

KG, What earthly use is a rose without someone such as you to appreciate it ? I create many bouquets for many special people but none of them appreciate my garden quite like you and so my mission here is to please you, plain and simple. If in the process others enjoy and appreciate, so much the better. True story !!!!!

With that said, today I trimmed and I trimmed and I trimmed but in the process managed to get a few shots in. Here's to you kid................

AD needs a ladybug :-)

{{gwi:1263310}}

A new flush of WE

Kiri Te Kinawa

Her little friend

My Blue Waterfall (campanula that is ;-)

SC

GS

EG

Flutterbye

One of Abrahams favorites....rose campion

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Awwww, that is sooo SWEET OF YOU TO SAY, BOXO! And yes, everyone is so blessed to see your Garden, Absolutely Blessed! YOU ACE! And hehe, AD says I'm Heeere and I'm the First and the Best! You'd make a Japanese Gardener proud with the Stone Fish and the Kiri Te Kinawa! The Kiri is one of my favorite C's too. The delicacy of that gorgeous other pink clematis also really draws the eye! Wow, is it a new one? I love it! I can just imagine what a beautiful companion it makes to the Kiri. To have both the size contrast, the different color (purple with the pink) and even the petal arrangement contrasts is gonna be absolutely gorgeous together. The Stone Fish is making quite a purple Splash together. Rose campion they say makes such a great rose companion as well. I hear about it, but now that I see it in person, I'll know exactly what people are talking about when they say Campion. I love the new EG photo too! I am looking forward to the Wall of Easies transformed to Lineups upon lineups of Bouquets :D

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

I want your FISH! Where did you get him? I collect all things fishy for my garden and he's fabulous!

I really like the looks of Flutterby. I'm partial to singles!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I bought him at a statuary yard. He weighs about 275 pounds. He's a spitter ;-)

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

I love that fish too!!! Especially how you've presented him in a river of flowers. So lovely!!!

Wow!!! You've got such beautiful roses. I've never seen Livin' Easy and Easy Going so beautiful as yours. They really like being in your yard with your care.

I think my favorite are your 2nd pic of Abe and all of your Ginger Syllabus roses. I love them!!! I thought GS meant Golden Showers, and I thought it looked to full and was the wrong color. Then everyone started writing about Ginger and then Ginger Syllabus. I don't know if I've heard of that one before. Probably have - but I was amazed at it. Loverly!!!

Thank you!!! Such a nice treat. The clem were fab too!!

Carol