Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Toodaze Bookaze

boxofrox
13 years ago

I had three excuses to construct bouquets today. One for my wife's stepmother Sally whose grandson had a quad accident and is in very critical shape. Another for the cemetery because today would have been my father's 91st birthday. Last but not least, one for my wife who wanted bright yellow/orange/pink dahlias and EZ roses.

First, this is the stepmothers....................

This is my wife's...............

This is my father's which I built in the little cone vases at the cemetery........

Comments (11)

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    13 years ago

Those are nice. I hope that the grandson gets better and that those who receive these will appreciate them and the work it took to put them together. The hydrangeas sure fill out the bouquet quite nicely. I do not know anything about how long hydrangeas last as cut flowers, but they look good.

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

These sets of bouquets really pop out like Fourth of July fireworks, almost! Red, white hydrangea, and blue, whoo-hoo! whoo-hoo!

Boxo, best wishes and healing for Sally's grandson. Boxo, I have a sad update about Ray, looks like he is at stage 4 now, so I have not been online of late because of needing to write to Karen....But I will definitely keep Sally's grandson in my thoughts too, and of course our lovely Carol as well. What a sad week this has been....

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Sorry to hear about Sally's grandson! Hope he recovers fast & soon!
    Boxofrox those are some awesome bouquets you arranged!

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Lovely bouquets!! I especially love the one for your father. Everyone's right - those hydrangeas are amazing.

Poor Ray. LIfe can be so hard sometimes.

Quad accidents - My kids have a rule - they're never allowed on quads - they're just too dangerous! That's just awful. Poor kid.

Looks like we've got lots of praying to do.
    Carol

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Yep, Carol. It looks like we've got a lot of praying to do. Tuckin' you, Sally's grandson, Ray...well, might as well tuck everyone in this thread, and their loved ones (doing well--or not) into my thoughts and prayers.

Boxofrox, your Bookaze totally rock!!! Am especially fond of your daddy's. :)

Debbie

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks guys :-)

Momma's been waiting for me to cut these pups......I simply call this one I'm so Glad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Glorious bouquet, Boxofrox!!! Lol, I'm sooo GLAD you shared it with us. ;)

Debbie

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Oh!!! Debbie used the right word :) - glorious!!!!

I've really learned to love hydrangeas from you Boxo!!! Superb!!

Carol

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Debbie and Carol, Jim and Boxo, thank you so much for your added prayers for Karen! I'm getting more worried. She hasn't written back, poor Ray! The last time was right after Ray returned home. The doctors feel that the lungs can't be operated on for the fluids, and he was already having such problems with the lungs filling up! A gallon had to be drained while at the hospital and he isn't even at the hospital; he's at home. But maybe they are just concentrating on the close family times...so many hugs and ongoing prayers for them.

Carol, I am so happy to hear about your eyesight. Thank the Lord! What a relief!

Boxo, again, spectacular glads. I love the pun too!

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Poor Ray and Karen. What a hard, hard time for them. Yes, many prayers for them.

Carol

• paulieinct
    13 years ago

WOW. That last one with the glads is knocking my socks off.

-Paul