Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OMG! My camera took a dump! Lots of pics..

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 10, 10 at 22:40

Well... it happened again. My dang camera went black. The lens is no good any more. I managed to get a handful of pics the other day before it died tho. Spent all last night trying to figure out what camera to buy. Then today I found what I hope is going to be a good one. It's a Sony DSC-HX1. Should arrive by next Friday. I sure wasn't expecting to have to put out a bunch of money now. But I have to have a camera!! I'm going thru photo-taking withdrawals!!! Acckkkk!!

So... anyway, here are a few pics from the last couple of days before the poor thing died. Kind of a tribute to a camera that really did its job well for 6yrs, despite the over-use!

ABRACADABRA
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

ANNA

BAJAZZO

CALLIOPE

EXCITING

GEBREUDER GRIMM

GINGER SYLLABUB CL

ICE CREAM

IVORY GRAND

MAJORA

MILVA

NANCY REAGAN

OLD PORT

RADIO TIMES

ROSETTE DELIZY

SHREVEPORT

TEQUILA SUNRISE

VENDEE IMPERIALE

Wow! In looking over these online, I see they're pretty dark. Maybe it's a good thing I'm getting a new camera! I think the picture quality has been going downhill for awhile. So I guess it's maybe a blessing in disguise! LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OMG! My camera took a dump! Lots of pics..

Your pictures look just fine on my end. I am not sure what you are seeing, but everything looks relatively normal. Of the ones you posted, I also have Gebruder Grimm, Ice Cream/Memoire, Ivory Grand, and Old Port. I like to look at Exciting because I am curious about it. I used to have Tequila Sunrise at my other house, but I found it to be a real blackspot magnet. Thanks, as always, for posting.

o

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photographs. I absolutely love Anna, Abracadabra, Ginger Syllabub, so pretty!!!

Carrie

o

Love the "lashes" on radio times, and tequila sunrise is spectacular.
Some "new" blooms for me too. I know the foto withdrawal symptoms too, when I forgot my camera in the car.
Keep 'em coming...
Inga

o

Ginger Syllabub is such a romantic rose.
I hope your new camera is easier to learn how to use than mine.
Renee

o

I love your Old Port!!!! and Radio Times!!! I've never seen Radio Times like that (I've never seen one in person). I didn't know that it opened so far. Still lovely though.

CArol

o

I'll be interested to see how your new Sony captures colors.

Several here I'd love to have. Drool, drool, drool.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 1:18

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM. Never heard of it before, but with a name like that on a hot summers day, you gotta love it. Shreveport is a nice color and I like how her blooms open. Glad I stopped in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here