Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

OK, I have oranges too!

seil zone 6b MI
12 years ago

Everyone is sharing their orange/apricot roses so I thought I'd post mine too.

This is a nice mini, Best Friends

Cherish, floribunda

{{gwi:1263571}}

A mystery rose that was supposed to be the mini Earthquake but I don't even think it's a mini. Look at the size of those leaves!

Fragrant Cloud, HT. This rose is so HOT it's really hard to photograph. I can't understand how anyone ever gets this rose to a show. It always blows in an instant!

One of my favorites, Folklore, HT.

Hot Romance, HT. The roses are angular and so is the bush!

Another mystery mini but I think it's Julie Link.

Millie Walters, mini

This one is my most prized rose. It was my Mom's first rose in 1954 and I still have it. Pinocchio, floribunda

Sisters at Heart, floribunda

Tuscan Sun, floribunda

{{gwi:1263575}}

I have one more, English Sonnet, but I want to post that one separately.

Thanks for looking in!

Comments (20)

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Beautiful Seil! I really love Millie Walters and your Folklore especially (so much better than my crappy photography of my Folklore, lol! Tuscan Sun has my favorite type of coloration. Pinocchio is enchanting and what a great "memory rose" to have...

• inga007
    12 years ago

What a treat for an orange rose lover.
    Thanks for posting your lovely blooms.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

Gee--I have no oranges. Could scrounge up one or two with apricot highlights, but that is about it. Isn't that strange--I didn't deliberately exclude orange/apricot from the garden, but I guess if I want to enjoy any, I'll just have to come to these posts.

Folklore and Tucson Sun are gorgeous. And lots of "hot" minis! Must keep your gardens lively.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, everyone! Glad you like them.

Serenasyh, nonsense! Your roses and pictures are lovely!

Dublinbay, you should get some oranges! I don't know how readily available Folklore is anymore but surely Tuscan Sun is around. Try it, you'll love it!

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    12 years ago

Nice pictures. Some of those are not seen very often either in pictures or at rose shows.

• phatboyrose
    12 years ago

Ms Seil, Your roses are just beautiful. Best of friends is just gorgeous, I got a Folklore last year hope it turns out as nice as yours is. Thanks for sharing.
    Harold

• iris_gal
    12 years ago

You have gorgeous pics of Sisters at Heart at HMF. Has it begun to have more than 2 flushes?

Not sure I could deal with that and blackspot too.

• bethnorcal9
    12 years ago

Beautiful pics Seil! TUSCAN SUN is positively YUMMY!!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Great looking roses Seil! Lovin those oranges...lol

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you!

Bustopher, that's probably why I don't win very much at shows, lol! But...I do like to take some of my odd balls just for show and to introduce people to something they've never seen before!

Phatboyrose, Best Friends is a great little garden rose. It's almost never without at least one bloom on it and often has huge sprays. I think you're going to love Folklore. She's an outstanding rose for me. Mine gets quite tall, about 6 feet by the end of summer, and is very narrow and upright growing. I especially like that her blooms hold up for a very long time too!

Iris, SaH is still quite small but is blooming better. She's already given me 2 flushes this season so there's hope for more! But our season is so much shorter than yours and the most I can ever hope for is 3 or 4 cycles a season. Black spot is a perennial in my garden and I've learned to live with it. From being on the forums I've learned that no matter where you live there are challenges and you just learn to cope with the ones in your neck of the woods.

• rozaholik
    12 years ago

Awesome pictures Seil! That Folklore is breathtaking!

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Lovely pics and blooms, Seil, thanks for sharing.

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, roza and krista!

• Naturalchick27
    12 years ago

Love these! Orange is my favorite color!

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Sisters at Heart is a pretty color. Thanks for showing it- I have always admired the marketing photo, but I have never seen it here.
    Renee

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

I love orange roses!! They always make me smile.

It's hard to pick out favorites, because they're all so beautiful. I guess my favs are: Sisters at Heart, Pinnochio, Millies Walters, Best Friends, Hot Romance and Cherish.

I can't believe you have so many gorgeous orange roses!!!

Lucky you and luck us that you share!!

Thanks,
    Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you!

Renee, I got Sisters at Heart from J&P the first year it came out. I was enabled into it on another forum, lol. It's a slow grower but is finally doing better.

Carol, I only recently realized I had so many oranges myself. I guess I must like them too!

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

:)

Nice to see a nice Fragrant Cloud. Mine is not blooming and is covered in disease. It had beautiful blooms earlier when I bought it. Disease usually isn't an issue here, but I guess we've had tons of rain and cold weather. Mine is going to go bye-bye at the end of the season. I only have room for so many roses in my garage, so I only save the good ones.

Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry to hear that, Carol. But I have to confirm that it is a spotty rose for me too. I'm hoping the move to a sunnier location improves that.

• ms. violet grey
    11 years ago

Who sells the 'Pinocchio' rose (pink/orange) ?

It is lovely!