Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden pictures from today

Posted by kristin_flower 4a (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 26, 09 at 23:12

My John Davis roses only have a few blooms right now, but The Fairy is blooming hard and so is Carefree Wonder. The phlox and Russian sage have started blooming. The alyssum blooms non-stop all season. The catmint is looking a little spent. I should probably shear it back. A couple delphinium are gearing up for a repeat.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden pictures from today

What a gorgeous landscape of lavender and roses! AAAAAARGH, I wish I had gotten that Russian sage, it looks beautiful! Mine are nowhere near that tall, just wild bedhead looking unruly short clusters... The bees and butterflies must absolutely looove the paradise you created for them... I noticed that the bees seem to love the more open-faced roses and flowers too that you! are growing... In other words they're more likely to visit the delphs the more open-faced floribundas and carpet-cover roses as opposed to the hybrid teas (alas for me!)
My catnip/nepata thanks to your suggestions is a blooming wonder... I was worried that it might get messy like my lavender simply because even though it looks soooo good in your previous suggestion to me (your older likewise gorgeous photo)...all the ones at my nursery looked floppy and bed-heady like my lavender...But it seems to be one beautiful plant...

Anyway, lovely photos and garden!

o

Nice landscaping of all those different plants!

JIM

o

I'm really impressed with your garden ; such a lovely lay out and so many beautiful plants. I know where you spend a lot of your time and who wouldn't. Beautiful just beautiful.

o

Thanks Serenasyh, Jim & Phatboyrose! You made my day.

o

Well, you have tons to be proud of...Your garden reminds me of those classical English gardens...Had I had your garden I'd be posting alllllll of my garden photos to the Brits in the U.K...All my dog agility friends are in the U.K. (just one is American and is in Chicago)...The English have some of the most beautiful gardens too, and your formations and gorgeous clusterings remind me soooo much of the best English gardens!

o

Breathtaking garden.
Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here