Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Last but not least: Symphony bands blooming

hosenemesis
12 years ago

Hello everyone,

I promised a photo of Austin's Symphony. Here it is today:

and here are the Joan Senior daylilies in the same bed.

I can't wait until the roses get big!

Renee

Comments (11)

• ozmart
    12 years ago

Lovely Roses and a nice shot

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

What gorgeous companion plantings and purples Renee. And I just love the combinations of foliage that you have there. Truly beautiful and so artistic, every cluster of foliage variation leads the eye into this magnificent composition- I just stare and stare and stare! I think it's also really cool to have the buttercup creams of the Joan Senior Daylilies repeat with the Symphony as well.

• inga007
    12 years ago

Love the many petaled rose and her friends.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

The first picture is amazing. The colors just jump out at the viewer. Which is a strange thing to say about a picture of a whitish rose. But the white makes the green and the fushcia pop. Really lovely!!

Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Lovely white! The purple and whites together are going to be really pretty!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Nice rose and companion plants!

• organicgardendreams
    12 years ago

Renee, your Symphony looks fantastic. May I ask, where did you get yours from?

Symphony also goes perfectly with the color of the Joan Senior day lilies. I don't know, but when you planted them in the same bed they probably can be seen blooming together, which would be awesome! I just love white and whitish flowering plants.

You always do such a good job in combining colors, I really admire you for that!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, all. I am very happy with the combination of colors, which I copied from Descanso Gardens. I may introduce just a little bit of blue. I'll post some photos if I do.

Christina, Jacqueline found them for me at Heirloom. Here's the link. They have been growing like weeds and blooming their fool heads off.

Renee

Here is a link that might be useful: Symphony

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

What a beautiful garden, the colors look wonderful.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    12 years ago

You have some nice flowers there. The Joan Senior daylilies are beautiful. It also looks like you have some blue sea hollies in the background.

Your Symphony looks good, but mine is more yellow. My Symphony has never gotten much over 8 inches tall. I don't think it cares much for midwest climate. The ones I have seen in California were light yellow on bushes about 3 ft tall. Does yours initially show more yellow but fade out to cream?

• organicgardendreams
    12 years ago

Renee, thanks for letting me know where you got your Symphony from. Maybe I will get it with one of my future orders at Heirlooms. I am always happy if a rose is available on its own roots. I removed Burgundy Iceberg most likely growing on Dr. Huey and I am on my third round of digging out roses sprouting up from the rootstock, argh...

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

Sponsored
Pretty Neat Staging, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Home Staging with a Renewed Perspective & Design in Fairfax County