Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kasiec

Abracadabra

kasiec
15 years ago

My first post here. I'm super excited over this rose from Moore's roses. The blooms are small. Will the bloom get larger with maturity. Thanks for any info.

Kasie

Comments (19)

• katefisher
    15 years ago

Morning Kasie and thanks for your post. Although I don't grow this and in fact only have one striped rose myself I think Abracadabra is one of the better ones. I just love the colors and the contrast between the dark and light.

Someone will chime in to answer your question. Thanks for sharing that.

Kate

• markiz37
    15 years ago

I love your Abracadabra. I have 2 year old Hocus-Pocus which looks to me like miniature rose.

{{gwi:1251307}}

Lana

• kasiec
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Kate and Lana - thanks for looking. It reminds me of a miniature rose that's why I was wondering.

Kasie

• eaj09
    15 years ago

Kasie,

I bought this in the spring from Moore's Roses, too, and yes, it's pretty small, but striking. I hope it gets a little bigger; it looks like a mini right now...

• kasiec
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi eaj09 - do you have yours in a pot or in the ground? Mine is in a 3 gallon pot and blooming like crazy. The bloom last a long time and the yellow turns white as it age. I would like for it to go into the ground eventually.

Kasie

• eaj09
    15 years ago

Mine is in a pot, around 3 gallon, too. It does bloom a lot and lasts long, but the blooms are too small for my taste right now. I'll ground it in the fall or spring and hope the blooms get bigger.

• bethnorcal9
    15 years ago

I've had mine for maybe 4 yrs and the blooms don't seem to get much bigger than about 3". But who cares? They're so beautiful and unusual. I love it!

• paganoutlaw
    15 years ago

Kasie, after coming in here for close to 10 years, I think I can honestly say that is the most unique rose I have seen here! A very nice pic ma'am and thank you for sharing : )

Smitty
    Paganoutlaw

• kasiec
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You're very welcome Smitty. You made my day and THANK YOU.

Kasie

• olivia23( NC zone 7 )
    15 years ago

Yeah Abracadabra is very hard to find. I finally found a rose company that sells it online, but they said there is a two year waiting list!!!

• fragrantgarden99
    13 years ago

Olivia23: what's the name of the company that sells it?
    thanks
    FG

• sweetvenge
    13 years ago

I'm loving it, just love the contrast between the colors. That why I purchased one through Euro Desert roses this spring, unfortunate mine has not produce any blooms with stripes yet. But I'm hoping and will wait until the stripes pop up and it will be worth it.

• kstrong
    13 years ago

The company Olivia was probably referring to, Moore Roses (Lorene Moore), went out of business.

• akafoc_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I very glad to in contact with you and cherish you very much

• Carrie_AZ
    12 years ago

I just love Abracadabra, I would love to have one but, it is hard to find.
    Carrie

• mochamocha
    12 years ago

Your photo is simply gorgeous---love, love looking at it!
    Does anyone know of any place to order this plant? I would love to grow it. I recall my hubs ordering a bouquet of "Abracadabra" for me a few years back for my birthday--gorgeous. Don't believe you can order it as a cut flower any longer..boo hoo.

• TNY78
    12 years ago

I've been looking for it too. The only place I can seem to find it is through Vintage Gardens, but its a custom root and costs $45.00! As a substitute I found Memphis Music through Wells Midsouth Roses. It's a miniflora, but the blooms are actually about 2-2.5 inches across. I'm very happy with it!

Memphis Music:
    {{gwi:1264466}}

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Oh my!!!!! Those are both so stunning!!!! They look so velvety!! Aaaahhhhh - such beauty!!!!! Wow!!!

Thanks so much!!!!

Carol

• Dallis C
    10 years ago

hello Lana, i cant contact you via email, but i was wondering if you still had the hocus pocus rose and if you would be willing to sell me a rooted cutting. please contact me back via email.
    Dallischurch@rocketmail.com

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional