SUMMER RAINBOW
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

TROIKA

Dahlia MICK'S PEPPERMINT

dk purple ivy pelargonium

not sure what this plant is, but I seem to remember it was called Purple Princess.... something?

and these aren't "blooms" but just some of my many Japanese Maples, some caladiums, a hosta, etc..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ooops missed a couple

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 23, 12 at 1:37

I forgot to add these two:

CLASSIC BEAUTY

DISCO

o
RE: This week's blooms

I'm so glad you didn't forget the last two beauties. As, always, your postings are full of surprises. Hadn't seen Anabell or Fred before. Pop Warner, seems to have it's petals delicately tinged. Scentimental has very strong colouring.
Thank you, for all your loely pictures.

o

I'm with Inga! So glad you didn't forget the last two!!! I'm in love with Classic Beauty!! Oh my! Pompeii, Glowing Peace, and Anabell are all pretty amazing. Always stunning Beth. So jealous!!!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 23, 12 at 19:24

They're all lovely! And I like that dahlia too! That purple one could be some kind of campanula or bell flower?

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 23, 12 at 20:56

Really love Classic Beauty and Mick's Peppermint! At first glance I thought that was the coolest looking rose I've seen in awhile LOL! I wish dahlias were hardy here, but they're pretty touchy depending on how severe winter is.

Tammy

o

I really like Fred and Scentimental. With that coloring Scentimental looks a lot like my All American Magic which start out yellow, pink and white, fade to pink and white and then red/white (looking just like yours - only smaller.)

Lovely roses!!!
Thank you

o

Lovely photos of beautiful, unusual blooms. Never heard of Fred, either. Such a delicate, ethereal bloom with such a blue collar name! Thanks for posting these lovelies. Diane

o

Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 22:00

Oh, I want Pompeii!

o

Just GORGEOUS Beth!!!!! I'm drooling over EVERY single one, including the Peppermint Dahlia eye-candy!

o

Pompeii! There should be an entire rose series commemorating volcanic explosions! I really want "Vesuve" and cannot find it. I'm going to add Pompeii to my favorites on HMF.
Thanks for sharing.
Susan

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 21:19

Thanks everybody! Sorry I haven't responded sooner! Been really busy. For those of you wanting POMPEII, be forewarned that it is virused. I got my plant quite a few yrs ago as a bagged bareroot from someplace like Home Depot or WalMart. Even in my climate it shows the signs of RMV in early spring, but in the higher temps it eventually burns off the rest of the season until fall, when sometimes it comes back, and sometimes it doesn't. I believe Kathy Strong pointed out a yr or so ago that it's likely that all the POMPEII plants are virused. It's too bad because it can throw off some really gorgeous blooms, and they're often pretty large.

Tammy, I always heard dahlias had to be dug up every yr, but apparently not in all areas. I leave mine in the ground and most of them come back every yr. There were a few I planted about 5-6yrs ago that have never come back, but that was back when I wasn't watering as much, and who knows, maybe one yr they'll pop up again.

Diane, FRED HOWARD is an old HT. I had one yrs ago and it died. Got this one from Vintage a few yrs back. He almost died on me awhile back, but luckily recovered and is nice and big now.

o

Sat, Sep 1, 12 at 11:43

In cold climates you do have to dig dahlias up. The corms will rot over the winter here so I pot mine every spring. Putting them in pots instead of the ground makes them way easier to dig out in the fall!

o

So good to see FRED HOWARD. When we moved to CA in the 60's there was the lovliest peachy rose bush in the back yard and that was it! Eventually died and I haven't seen one since.

Drop dead gorgeous pic of CLASSIC BEAUTY!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here