SUMMER RAINBOW

{{gwi:1264592}}

TROIKA

{{gwi:1264593}}

Dahlia MICK'S PEPPERMINT

{{gwi:1264594}}

dk purple ivy pelargonium

{{gwi:1264595}}

not sure what this plant is, but I seem to remember it was called Purple Princess.... something?

{{gwi:1264596}}

and these aren't "blooms" but just some of my many Japanese Maples, some caladiums, a hosta, etc..

{{gwi:1264597}}

Comments (13)

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I forgot to add these two:

CLASSIC BEAUTY
    {{gwi:1197064}}

DISCO
    {{gwi:1264598}}

• inga007
    11 years ago

I'm so glad you didn't forget the last two beauties. As, always, your postings are full of surprises. Hadn't seen Anabell or Fred before. Pop Warner, seems to have it's petals delicately tinged. Scentimental has very strong colouring.
    Thank you, for all your loely pictures.

• arcus_85
    11 years ago

I'm with Inga! So glad you didn't forget the last two!!! I'm in love with Classic Beauty!! Oh my! Pompeii, Glowing Peace, and Anabell are all pretty amazing. Always stunning Beth. So jealous!!!

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

They're all lovely! And I like that dahlia too! That purple one could be some kind of campanula or bell flower?

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Really love Classic Beauty and Mick's Peppermint! At first glance I thought that was the coolest looking rose I've seen in awhile LOL! I wish dahlias were hardy here, but they're pretty touchy depending on how severe winter is.

Tammy

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

I really like Fred and Scentimental. With that coloring Scentimental looks a lot like my All American Magic which start out yellow, pink and white, fade to pink and white and then red/white (looking just like yours - only smaller.)

Lovely roses!!!
    Thank you

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Lovely photos of beautiful, unusual blooms. Never heard of Fred, either. Such a delicate, ethereal bloom with such a blue collar name! Thanks for posting these lovelies. Diane

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Oh, I want Pompeii!

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Just GORGEOUS Beth!!!!! I'm drooling over EVERY single one, including the Peppermint Dahlia eye-candy!

• Poorbutroserich Susan Nashville
    11 years ago

Pompeii! There should be an entire rose series commemorating volcanic explosions! I really want "Vesuve" and cannot find it. I'm going to add Pompeii to my favorites on HMF.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Susan

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everybody! Sorry I haven't responded sooner! Been really busy. For those of you wanting POMPEII, be forewarned that it is virused. I got my plant quite a few yrs ago as a bagged bareroot from someplace like Home Depot or WalMart. Even in my climate it shows the signs of RMV in early spring, but in the higher temps it eventually burns off the rest of the season until fall, when sometimes it comes back, and sometimes it doesn't. I believe Kathy Strong pointed out a yr or so ago that it's likely that all the POMPEII plants are virused. It's too bad because it can throw off some really gorgeous blooms, and they're often pretty large.

Tammy, I always heard dahlias had to be dug up every yr, but apparently not in all areas. I leave mine in the ground and most of them come back every yr. There were a few I planted about 5-6yrs ago that have never come back, but that was back when I wasn't watering as much, and who knows, maybe one yr they'll pop up again.

Diane, FRED HOWARD is an old HT. I had one yrs ago and it died. Got this one from Vintage a few yrs back. He almost died on me awhile back, but luckily recovered and is nice and big now.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

In cold climates you do have to dig dahlias up. The corms will rot over the winter here so I pot mine every spring. Putting them in pots instead of the ground makes them way easier to dig out in the fall!

• iris_gal
    11 years ago

So good to see FRED HOWARD. When we moved to CA in the 60's there was the lovliest peachy rose bush in the back yard and that was it! Eventually died and I haven't seen one since.

Drop dead gorgeous pic of CLASSIC BEAUTY!

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County