Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

A Few More Blooms

bethnorcal9
11 years ago

Some more stuff blooming in this 100+ heat. It's sooo hot and been smoky off and on from the forest fires near us. My allergies are a mess!!

BLACK MAGIC

{{gwi:1264678}}

HARRY WHEATCROFT aka CARIBIA

{{gwi:1199431}}

NANTUCKET

{{gwi:1201272}}

PARTY TIME

{{gwi:1264679}}

POETRY IN MOTION aka GIFT OF LIFE

{{gwi:1201354}}

ROYAL AMETHYST

{{gwi:1204322}}

OP seedling X BROADWAY - I'm loving this stripey baby. It obviously got some pollen from one of the stripeys in the bed right next to it.

{{gwi:1264680}}

Comments (9)

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

YUM! I love that Royal Amethyst!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

I love Royal Amethyst, too, being a purple freak (and wearing a purple t-shirt as I type this). Your stripey baby is pretty cute, too. I stand in awe of you who can find such fresh looking blooms this time of year. The highs here, for days on end are pretty much 100 (except for 106 a few days ago), and any rose growing in my garden is fried and shriveled by the afternoon with no humidity to speak of, and our last rain sometime in May, I think. We're having major fires and all around, too, and it is totally hazy as I look out the window. May the rain beat down on us and all the fires. Thanks for posting your beautiful pics. Diane

• inga007
    11 years ago

All your blooms are lovely, but, yes, ROYAL AMETHYST is a
    beauty.

Nanadoll, you'r welcome to our humidity of 94%

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Inga, where are you??? I didn't think anyone had 94% humidity! Diane

• inga007
    11 years ago

I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    The sun is shining and it's 100% outside and 64% humidity inside my apartment, but we just had a heavy shower, about an hour ago.
    We had a drought, a very dry July and beginning of August. So in a way, it's very welcome.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Nana, come to the Great Lakes! You'll see those kinds of humidities on a regular basis, lol. Anything under 50% is considered a really dry day. Yes, I've seen 100% humidity too. And no, it wasn't raining!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Wow...I guess I better start a thread on humidity and learn a little more about it. I never pay any attention to it because it's almost always so dry here. I stand corrected about the 94%. I think I saw out of the corner of my eye that it was 12% here the other day. I won't swear to it, though. Diane

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago

Gorgeous roses and really great photos, Beth!

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

I love our summers here. It's about 74F here. Just perfect for roses. We might get up to 80 or very rarely 85. So we have short summers....but they're lovely.

I have Royal Amethyst and the scent is divine!!!

I love your photo of Royal Amethyst - what a superb picture of a wonderful rose. Love it!!

Your Black Magic looks so porcelain-like. I just adore your photo. I also really like your Harry Weatcroft.
    Thanks for the beauty!!