Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Some more pics

bethnorcal9
13 years ago

Man, it's getting hot again and the blooms they are a-fryin'! Gotta get the pics in the morning before the heat hits.

VENDEE IMPERIALE

{{gwi:1264717}}

TROIKA

{{gwi:1264718}}

TAWNY TIGER

{{gwi:1264719}}

SUNDANCE

{{gwi:1264720}}

PREMIERE BAL

{{gwi:1264721}}

PASSIONATE KISSES

{{gwi:1264722}}

KALINKA

{{gwi:1264723}}

JANET CARNOCHAN

{{gwi:1207011}}

IRISH HOPE - look at all those buds!

{{gwi:1264724}}

INDIAN FEMA

{{gwi:1264725}}

GLAMOUR

{{gwi:1264727}}

FLORA DANICA

{{gwi:1264730}}

FAIREST ONE

{{gwi:1264731}}

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN'

{{gwi:1264733}}

ANGEL BELLS

{{gwi:1264735}}

Comments (12)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Yes, IRISH HOPE is getting ready to explode with blooms, I see that. I also see that FLORA DANICA has a vistor. Great rose photos Beth!

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

Beautiful, Beth.I have to come look for your photos every week,You have such gorgeous roses.Most I have not heard of.I don't have a lot of roses these days..Some died and I did not try to replace any of them.I am tired of fighting the deer to have a few roses.I have daylilies now.They are easier to take care of, b ut still have to fight the deer as they love them, too.

Jean

• azurerose
    13 years ago

Oooo! I love Fairest One. Is that from the Disney series? It doesn't look like they are selling that any more. :(

Here is a link that might be useful: Rare Roses.com

• katefisher
    13 years ago

All just so pretty. Thank you for those. I can't pick just one as they are all gorgeous Beth. The Fairest One is really stunning. Like you say though all those buds on Irish Hope are wonderful. Always enjoy your pictures no matter what though. Have a great weekend.

Kate

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

I missed these. Your Angel Bells is really calling my name. Glad to see you gave it an excellent rating at HMF.

Is Passionate Kisses an excellent rose in your area????

TIA

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    13 years ago

As usual, many I haven't even heard of before. I love the color saturation on Sundance. Does it hold that color in the heat or does it fade quickly? And Angel Bells is a very nice one too.

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Oh, boy!! It's such a joy to see more of your roses, Beth. Really appreciate that you share these with us. Hmmm, it's hard to choose, but I think my favorites from this bunch would have to be CALIFORNIA DREAMIN', FAIREST ONE, and TAWNY TIGER--though I love them all!

Have a good one. :)

Debbie

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jim, here's the cluster of IRISH HOPE opened up... got a little fried in our 100+ temps last week tho:

{{gwi:1264736}}

Jean, sorry to hear you're losing so many roses. The deer really are devils, aren't they?

Azure, yes, FAIREST ONE is one of the Disney Princess roses. It took awhile to bloom. Actually the dang deer did eat the first couple buds. This one was one of two that opened up last week, and they both are still going strong. Altho they were so heavy they were hanging down, and it just rained a few minutes ago, so I'm sure they're done with now!

Thanks Kate. It's been a decent weekend actually. I managed to plant 4 of the 6 roses I planned to plant in this one bed that I expanded a bit. It just rained this weird freak mini thunderstorm, so I had to come in. But the sun is coming back out now, so I'll be going out to finish up here in a few!

Irisgal, I didn't rate ANGEL BELLS, someone else did. PASSIONATE KISSES is a pretty good rose here for me. Blooms a lot and repeats well. Lots of smallish warm pink blossoms!

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oops, you guys must've posted while I was typing my post!! LOL

Maryl, unfortunately, SUNDANCE fades pretty badly actually.

Thanks Debbie, I'm glad you're enjoying the pics!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    13 years ago

Thanks Beth. That color on Sundance, especially with the pink wire edge, just knocked me out, but I figured as much.

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Wow!! My absolute fav of those is Angel Bells. Wow!! The colors and the petals!!! My goodness, I would love to get that! How is the scent?

My other fav is Janet C. - which is strange, since I don't like white roses too much. Yours looks like white velvet. The texture - mmmmmm!!

Carol - thanks!!!

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Carol, I've never checked the scent on ANGEL BELLS. It's only ever bloomed a few times the last couple yrs. Still a small ownroot, like only a foot high. Too low for me to bend over & take a whiff! LOL JANET CARNOCHAN is one of my faves. She's an odd white one. She has a greyish cast that sometimes borders on lavender, which I just love. I should check the scent on her. I never seem to remember to do that. Ya know Palatine has her available now.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County