Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some stripeys and stuff...

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 2, 09 at 2:21

Finally cooling down a bit here. I still have tons to deadhead.... Funny how so many blooming now are stripeys! I love 'em!!

CAMILLE PISSARO
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

BOULIE'S DREAM

JH PIERNEEF

BILLY GRAHAM

CANDY STRIPE

RED TALISMAN

SOUTINE

CITRUS SPLASH

THE MCCARTNEY ROSE

ROEDEAN

ORANGES 'N' LEMONS

THE TEMPTATIONS

TAWNY TIGER

ROCK 'N' ROLL (my first bloom!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some stripeys and stuff...

Hey Beth those are WONDERFUL!! I too like striped roses and I love your Oranges N Lemons. Rock N Roll is new for me this year too. The summer blooms are 1/4 the size of the spring ones. Thanks for sharing.

o

I also love striped roses and you have some awesome ones!
Thanks for sharing!

JIM

o

Out-standing pictures; love them all especially ORANGRS'N'LEMONS & CANDY STRIPE. This the first time I've seen JH PIERNEEF,Interersting. THANKS for sharing and hope to see more soon. Harold

o

ROEDEAN is a cutie pie!

o

Always just lovely Beth. Did you guys get any of the rain this week? We had a very nice thunderstorm earlier this week and a smattering last night. Anyway your roses are looking gorgeous. I really like Tawny Tiger. What a neat and unusual shape it has.

Thanks for taking the time to share those with us.

Kate

o

I love your stripees especially Camille Pissarro, Candy Stripe and Oranges & Lemons...Billy Graham looks so much the way Tiffany is supposed to look like! My Tiffany only maintains its beautiful shape 2/3rds into its maturity, but I am hoping either by next flush it will look like your Billy Graham...

o

Great pictures as usual, Beth. Rock'n'Roll is lovely, and so is Roedean. Thanks for posting,
Masha

o

Beautiful roses, I as well love the stripeys, especially the photo of Tawny Tiger.

o

Love your Candy Stripe - how is it for bloom quantity and rebloom? I would LOVE to have that rose!!! It made me gasp!

Carol

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 4, 09 at 0:38

Thanks you guys!

Kate, no we didn't get any rain yet. We could sure use it, but I have too much stuff out there needing to be covered if it does rain!!

Carol, CANDY STRIPE took a looooong time to get going. I got it as a rooted cutting from an old rose friend about 10yrs ago. It's taken til just a few yrs ago to do its thing. It blooms fairly frequently, but it's still a bit smallish, so it doesn't get a ton of blooms at once. The blooms don't last a real long time, but when you catch them in the exhibition stage, they're quite beautiful.

o

Roedean is the winner for me but Soutine's hot on its heels.

Oranges 'n' Lemons looks like it was sitting up begging you to take a pic.

Citrus Splash has a nice quality about its petals.

o

I came back to look at your striped roses again. LOL

JIM

o

Me too, I have a weekness for stripeys again THANKS.
Harold

o

Too bad about Candy Stripe being such a diva!! But I'm still loving all your roses!!

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here