Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Fragrant Memory

sara_ann-z6bok
9 years ago

Fragrant Memory or Jadis is a rose I've wanted for awhile, ordered this one from Roses Unlimited, It just started blooming, I'm not disappointed.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Aug 3, 14 at 8:27

Comments (12)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    9 years ago

Nice Sara-Ann! :-)
    You grow some very nice roses! I always enjoy looking at your pics..

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Lovely shade of pink!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you.

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Oh lucky you!!!! I had that rose once - unfortunately my husband left it on the grass (in a pot where it was all summer) and it froze to the grass. Tried his best, but eventually left it there. I think the roots must have grown through into the ground. Obviously it froze and died. But it was my 2nd favorite rose at the time.
    Please share more photos.
    Carol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Carol. I had never seen this rose in person, but have always admired the pictures and like both names, even though I don't base my rose selections on the name of a rose. Also when a rose is fragrant that makes it more appealing. Was yours a good bloomer?

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Fragrant Memory didn't grow well for me, but

Fragrant Cloud does. And its offspring.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Cottonwood - I love Fragrant Cloud, but I don't have it. Right now I'm not sure about Fragrant Memory, but it looks promising.

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Yes, it grew really well and had TONS of blooms. I really want to get Jadis again. Sigh. :)
    Carol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Carol - That sounds wonderful. Not much I like better than a beautiful hybrid tea bush with lots of blooms! I took this picture yesterday, I like it better than the first.

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

What a wonderful shape!! It looks poetic!! Beautiful!!
    Carol

• paulieinct
    9 years ago

Stunning blooms. I have one, still a small own-root, waiting to see what it will do.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Paul, hope yours does well. I am conflicted about own-root roses. There is a part of me that prefers them. I have 3 Belinda's Dream roses, Big Momma, Dublin Bay, Love, 2 Our Lady of Guadalupe, several old garden roses, and one Dick Clark, Fragrant Memory and a few others that are all own-root and most are doing well. I've asked before on this forum to try and get a good answer, and it seemed to turn more into a discussion between other posters over which was better, own-root or grafted. I was almost convinced that it is better to plant grafted modern roses, but I'm not so sure, because I have had some success and if own-root roses work, it makes a lot more sense than having to worry about suckers and also the fact that they would be hardier too. I know you are in a colder zone than me, but I am very impressed with the roses you've shown on here. People can discuss back and forth about which is better, but a picture speaks volumes!

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer