Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fragrant Memory

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 3, 14 at 8:11

Fragrant Memory or Jadis is a rose I've wanted for awhile, ordered this one from Roses Unlimited, It just started blooming, I'm not disappointed.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Aug 3, 14 at 8:27

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fragrant Memory

Nice Sara-Ann! :-)
You grow some very nice roses! I always enjoy looking at your pics..

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 12:32

Lovely shade of pink!

o

Thank you.

o

Oh lucky you!!!! I had that rose once - unfortunately my husband left it on the grass (in a pot where it was all summer) and it froze to the grass. Tried his best, but eventually left it there. I think the roots must have grown through into the ground. Obviously it froze and died. But it was my 2nd favorite rose at the time.
Please share more photos.
Carol

o

Thank you Carol. I had never seen this rose in person, but have always admired the pictures and like both names, even though I don't base my rose selections on the name of a rose. Also when a rose is fragrant that makes it more appealing. Was yours a good bloomer?

o

Fragrant Memory didn't grow well for me, but

Fragrant Cloud does. And its offspring.

o

Cottonwood - I love Fragrant Cloud, but I don't have it. Right now I'm not sure about Fragrant Memory, but it looks promising.

o

Yes, it grew really well and had TONS of blooms. I really want to get Jadis again. Sigh. :)
Carol

o

Carol - That sounds wonderful. Not much I like better than a beautiful hybrid tea bush with lots of blooms! I took this picture yesterday, I like it better than the first.

o

What a wonderful shape!! It looks poetic!! Beautiful!!
Carol

o

Stunning blooms. I have one, still a small own-root, waiting to see what it will do.

o

Thank you Paul, hope yours does well. I am conflicted about own-root roses. There is a part of me that prefers them. I have 3 Belinda's Dream roses, Big Momma, Dublin Bay, Love, 2 Our Lady of Guadalupe, several old garden roses, and one Dick Clark, Fragrant Memory and a few others that are all own-root and most are doing well. I've asked before on this forum to try and get a good answer, and it seemed to turn more into a discussion between other posters over which was better, own-root or grafted. I was almost convinced that it is better to plant grafted modern roses, but I'm not so sure, because I have had some success and if own-root roses work, it makes a lot more sense than having to worry about suckers and also the fact that they would be hardier too. I know you are in a colder zone than me, but I am very impressed with the roses you've shown on here. People can discuss back and forth about which is better, but a picture speaks volumes!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here