Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Foklore & Love Song

sara_ann-z6bok
9 years ago

There were a few pretty blooms this morning. This is the Folklore, one of my favorites

Comments (14)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Love Song, I love this rose!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Big Momma. I will admit the roses themselves aren't my favorite, but they can be pretty at times. The bush itself is very vigorous and prolific and the blooms are fragrant, which is a plus.

• inga007
    9 years ago

Love the coral-pink Folklore colour, but agree, Love song is beautiful and frilly.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Those are sooooo pretty Sara Ann! Folklore is a gorgeous color. My Love Somg is all budded up again ready to shine. I love it too!! Judy

• boncrow66
    9 years ago

Love song is sooo pretty! I really need to find a spot for this rose!

• surya55_gw
    9 years ago

Very pretty blooms, especially the first one!

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago

I love how ruffly Love Song is, very pretty.

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Beautiful roses and photos, Sara! I miss my Folklore, :(

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the nice comments. It's difficult to choose a favorite between Folklore and Love Song, because they are so different and serve a different purpose. I'll just say, they are both among many others that I love!

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

My fav is Big Momma!!! Wow!!! I love the pink outlining around the petals. Love, love the coloring and swirling!!

Really like your Folklore - is that one fragrant? Can't remember.

Love Song is such a lovely rose.

Carol

• bayourose
    9 years ago

Sara-Ann, once again, my rose envy has come out! hehe! beautiful roses! Folklore and Big Momma are not ones that I have considered before, until now! love song was already on my list because of her frilly petals, but I guess I need to add folklore and big momma. may need to win the lottery and buy a big park that I dedicate to roses! I might have to put you in charge of the selection since all your roses seem to be such show-stoppers! I am wondering about the fragrance of those roses, also. do they smell as delicious as they look?

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Carol and Bayourose - Folklore is supposed to have a strong fragrance, I've never detected more than a light one, but I don't think I can always detect fragrance. The Folklore pictured here is new this year. I had a couple of them several years ago and they bloomed their heads off and every bloom was close to perfect, just gorgeous! . That is why I had to have it again.I've read reports that Folklore can get very tall, but mine never did .Big Momma has a nice fragrance and is a very vigorous grower

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Sara, I was going to ask you about Folklore's height, but you already answered it. Did you purchase it from Palatine? I may have to put that on my order. I had one that I sp'd because it was so tall, blooms were small, and long time between cycles. Your bloom is so enabling.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kentucky_rose - I did get this one from Palatine. The ones I used to have were on Dr. Huey. I can't say for sure mine won't get tall, but so far it doesn't seem to have that tendency. I hope you have better luck with your next one.

Sponsored
Jewel Marie Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia