This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Aug 17, 14 at 11:50

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blooming Today

John F. Kennedy

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Aug 17, 14 at 12:04

o

Sara, very pretty! My blooms are water-logged from the rain again today. Yesterday, I did take some more nice pictures of Pacific Celebration.

o

Beautiful shots Sara Ann!

o

Love that JFK!

o

Just beautiful,Sara-Ann. My McCarney rose took a hard hit this winter and is just starting to look good. I love the picture you posted, just lovely. JFK is prone to blackspot here so I grow other whites, but that one of yours is very pretty. Lesley

o

Thank you Paul and Lesley. My JFK seems fairly healthy, but is slow to repeat, when it does give me nice blooms, they're gorgeous. My McCartney is fairly vigorous, this third flush isn't overly prolific on any of my roses, I am surprised that I've had as many nice blooms as I have. We've had fairly moderate temps for here, but it is beginning to get really hot, so I don't think very many of the blooms that haven't opened yet will be that great, I've been trying to enjoy the blooms I've had so far.

o

What a great shot of The McCartney Rose!

o

Ooooh!!! The McCartney Rose!!! I think I want to get this rose for next year!!! Can you tell me all of its good points?
- smell
- size of bloom
- good bloomer
Thanks!!!

Those are wonderful pictures!!! Thank you for the beauty!!
Carol

o

Thank you Iris and Carol. Carol - Last year I took this picture of The McCartney Rose with a Perfume Delight bloom, to show the color similarities, but there is a big difference in the bloom size. The PD, the smaller one is about the average size for it, this is McCartney at its best. Its fragrance is strong. This being its second year for me, it seems to be a better than average bloomer for the most part. This third flush for all my roses has been mediocre at best.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Mon, Aug 18, 14 at 5:46

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 18, 14 at 16:30

Nice looking blooms sara ann!

o

They're both really beautiful!

o

Really!??
The McCartney Rose has BIGGER? blooms than Perfume Delight?? I thought they would be smaller since TMR is a floribunda. Wow!!! I want one!!! Amazing how similar they look.
Carol

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 13:40

Wow! Gorgeous!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here