Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Hot August Roses

boxofrox
9 years ago

High 90s here today...what a summer and what an August. A luncheon on Wednesday and a party on Friday......here's how she's lookin rose wise. Thanks for lookin and have a great day !!!

Joseph's Coat

Dark Ladies

Queen Elizabeth

Fan-tastic

Chicago Peace

Sextuple Delight

WS2000

Abraham Darby

Bouquet of the Day

Comments (10)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!! Cool fan!!

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Soooo pretty...the petals look very fresh!

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Gorgeous as always, Boxo! The fan is cool but why on the fence?

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

I love your colorful bouquets, the blue and white add so much, they are so pretty. Your roses always look clean and healthy, not a blemish. Your Queen Elizabeth is so lovely, one of my favorites. Love the Abe Darby too, they are all gorgeous!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    9 years ago

Roses and bouquets look great Boxo!
    We have had a cooler summer here Boxo. Our Viburnum bush actually started getting its fall colors in late July...lol

Again very nice Boxo!

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    9 years ago

You have some nice bouquets there. It looks like you have quite a few hydrangeas to pick from, and the dahlias look good among everything else. Thanks for the eye candy.

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all so much :-)

Seil........The fan was 30 years old, we just thought it better to be repurposed and yellow and garden art rather than ending up in a landfill, besides it's a full sun area ;-)

Jim Bob.....this summer here reminds me of those of my youth growing up in the desert. We have probably had over 35 or 40 days in the 80s since mid June. Rare for here to say the least. Many of my full sun roses are going from bud to blown in a little over a day. It was right at 100 here today. This Brandy and this DD both budded and bloomed in one day.

{{gwi:1265388}}

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Joseph's Coat looking soo demure & pretty.

Those are scorching temps. for Portland!

If Brandy had looked like that here It never would have left. Most floriferous and fastest repeating rose I've had. Alas, a brassy looking shade of apricot. And the dreaded rose leaf virus attacked. Abraham Darby was the replacement. Love your pics.

• inga007
    9 years ago

I couldn't help, OOhing and Ahhing all the way down the column.
    Thank you for the lovely blooms and ignoring the scorching heat, to give us pleasure.

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Even hotter for us in Seattle, Portland is usually +10-15 degrees.

I really love Brandy....almost buckles my knees. I think I told the story earlier about why I bought my first one. I backed my truck into my mail box facility one hot Friday afternoon just as a murder/suicide was being committed. The shooter decided not to include me but the owner was not so fortunate. She was a very close business associate who I generally saw several times a day for mail, money, and freight. Her name was.....