Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
morning blooms

Posted by phatboyrose N/W FL. - 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 12, 09 at 10:36

Thought I would post some pictures of what was blooming this morning. With this heat and the thrips, it's hard to have any nice blooms but here goes. Harold

FALSTAFF

WILD BLUE YONDER

MARDI GRAS

HEAVEN ON EARTH

PURPLE TIGER

INGRILD BERGMAN

INTRIGUE

FABULOUS

FRONT ROSE BED

STRIKE IT RICH

SUNBRIGHT

IN MEMORY

SHEER MAGIC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: morning blooms

Fabulous is looking fabulous and so is Heaven on Earth, Intrigue, and Wild Blue Yonder.

o

Great photos of some great roses. Ingrid is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

o

Love the pics Harold! I have been craving some good bloom pics and this forum sure does provide them!

10th pic down, are those Hybrid Teas???

We have Hybrid teas, but, they grow different. Ours are mixed breeds or something...LOL

JIM

o
Roses

That's why I like full rose bush pics as I like to see how different types of roses grow/ shape and all ect.

I notice your different pics have long cutting stems on the bush. What types are they??? So, I can know the difference. Thanks!

As I mentioned ours are hybrid Teas, but, with NO long stem typed shape. More bushy.

Another reason i'm interested in is how you have to deadhead those long stemmed roses. Using the 5 leaf method?

I can see where those longer stems may need cut lower to a 5 leaf for strength???

Just curious and trying to learn... Thanks!

JIM

o

Jim; the 10th picture is INGRID BERGMAN & ST. PATRICK are both HT's were as PURPLE TIGER & FABULOUS are floribundas.
With HT's you can cut them back futher than the first set of five leaves this will give you longer stems but the draw back is it may take longer to bloom. With floribundas I usually just snap off the old blooms , this gives me fast re-blooms and good srays of blooms. I'm by no means a pro at this . That's the reason I love this site so many people are willing to share thier knowledge.

THANKS everyone for your kind word LOL
Harold
Jim check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/AshdownRoses

o

I'm just not familar with rose bush shapes, as Catalogs almost always just has pics of the bloom itself.
That's why I enjoy yours & others entire rose bush and lanscape pics!
Keep em coming!
Thanks for the Ashdown link!

JIM

o
priune

That's what I figured on your deadheading. After I get more different roses planted I will have to figure each ones dead heading method for best results.
Our Platinum responds well to snapping the bloom off.
So, that ones figured out for next season.
Now,if I can just keep the insects out of the blooms...LOL

JIM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here