Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_dark_lady

A few photos of wet roses

the_dark_lady
11 years ago

Finally (!!!) we've got some rain. Not any measurable amount, but still a nice change in the weather.

Please take a look at the photos I made yesterday right after the rain.

Antico Amore

{{gwi:1265662}}

Zaide

{{gwi:1265663}}

Young Lycidas

{{gwi:1265664}}

Rokoko

{{gwi:1265665}}

My favorite Rugosa - Ritausma

{{gwi:1265666}}

Manuel Canovas

{{gwi:1199652}}

Macmillan Nurse

{{gwi:1199626}}

Potter and Moore

{{gwi:1265667}}

Penelope

{{gwi:1265668}}

Thank you very much for looking.

Marina

Comments (16)

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Lovely!!! I especially love your first two roses!!! Good for you for getting rain!! I keep finding references to water rationing, etc. Hope you get even more rain. And get the rain barrels going.
    Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Just beautiful, rain and all!

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Seil and Carol!

Please find a few more pictures from today:)

Marina

Madame Figaro

{{gwi:1199639}}

Pink Skyliner

{{gwi:1265669}}

Rosarium Uetersen

{{gwi:1265670}}

Potter and Moore

{{gwi:1265671}}

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Oh, yum, yum...as ever your roses and photos are gorgeous. I have wanted Zaide for at least two years, so it's nice to see a beautiful close up of her. How does she grow for you? Great photo of Young Lycidas, too. He is doing so well for me--one of Austin's best, I think. It was wonderful to see so many roses that were new to me. I wish I had them all. Thanks for posting these pics. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Beautiful, and so healthy looking. Thank you for posting these pics. I'm going to have to get her. Just wish I had more room! Diane

• inga007
    11 years ago

Lovely, unusual roses. So healthy

Did you know that "Rërausma" translates from Latvian, as morning light or dawn?

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Inga, thank you very much for translation of the name, it suits this rose wonderfully.
    I love Ritausma a lot, may be that's why I have more than a dozen of them in my garden:))))
    I wish I could try some other rugosas by D. Rieksta, but they are very hard to find here.
    Marina

• mzstitch
    11 years ago

I want Zaide now too! Quite the beauty. Thanks for posting the addittional pictures, sometimes its nice to take more of a look at the plant then just the blooms. I'm going to have to see if Roses Unlimited carries that one. Rosarium Uetersen has to be my second favorite. Beautiful!

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Your roses are always so pretty, Marina~

I especially like Rococo. It's a perfect milky color. The same reason I really love Austin's The Nun..perfect creamy whites!

I also can't believe how much fuller your Antico Amore blooms are! I guess thats the difference between a mature bush and my 2 year old one :)

Tammy

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

I have Rosarium Uetersen too! Mine overwintered outside right next to the house. How's that for hardy - zone 3!! This is its 2nd year. How do you like yours? Does it get very large?
    Carol

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

mzstitch, Zaide is also available from Palatine in Canada. Palatine's roses are grafted on multiflora rootstock which can sometimes be a problem in alkaline soil, which I have. I've had mixed results with this rootstock. But after the roses are mature the multiflora doesn't seem to matter as much. Diane

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Carol, WOW! Zone 3 winter survivor! That is great.
    My Rosarium Uetersen is not planted very smartly - I absolutely don't want a 'climber' in that area. So, I prune mine by about 1/3 every spring. My rose is about 4 years old, it is very wide - about 6' and not so tall - about 3'.
    This year spring flush was out of this world, I literally could not see the leaves. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera then.

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Wow!! Six feet wide!!!! Mine is about 2 feet X 2 feet. Not very big. Maybe it'll grow larger in its 2nd year. Too bad you didn't have your camera. Would have loved to have seen that!!!
    Carol

• styp
    11 years ago

Wspaniale roze pnace. Super zdjecia. Poprosze o wiecej. Poydrawiam.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

Marina, you have such impeccable taste in choosing beautiful and romantic-looking roses. The only one I have of your lovely bunch is Potter and Moore, which I'm very happy with. I'm surprised this rose isn't grown more; it's really beautiful and mine has had no disease problems and has handled the high heat this summer really well, even though it's a young own-root plant.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor