Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulieinct

'Moonstone' candelabra

paulieinct
13 years ago

This rose is not easy to grow in blackspot country, but this morning a candelabra of six blooms is opening. Easy to see why this is a popular rose for exhibition. -Paul

Comments (10)

• paulieinct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here's another closer-up shot:

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Oh Wow!!! Moonstone looks amazing!!! I've always been amazed by the pictures people have shown of this rose!! What a lovely bunch of roses you have!!!

I don't think Moonstone has fragrance - does it??

Thanks for the eye candy!!

Carol

• rootygirl
    13 years ago

Yes, I have always thought moonstone was one of the prettiest HTs (and there are many.) I did not know about the blackspot problems--that's a bummer.

I just love the delicate, pink seashell look it has.

• paulieinct
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Carol: Not much scent, but a beauty nonetheless. I'm a sucker for fragrant roses, but a couple of my absolute favorites have no scent, like "Savoy Hotel', which is a stunner.

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Yeah, me too - Fragrant roses are a must for most of my roses - but Tournament of Roses has none - yet I adore this rose!!

I probably would say the same for Moonstone - but the nurseries don't offer that one - so I don't have to decide fragrance or not.

Carol :)

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

I fell for Moonstone the first time I saw it. Gorgeous bloom. Glad you have it to share here. One of these years..............

• dove_song
    13 years ago

As with all the other ladies on your thread, Paul, I adore the way Moonstone looks! :) This rose has definitely got that "ahhh" factor going for it. (Loved the way Rooty Girl put it, as having a "delicate, pink seashell look.") And I know what you're talking about, as I'm a big time, fragrance lover in the roses department as well. But there are those very special few, like Moonstone, that I do (or might one day) make an exception of.

He,he, Iris Gal, one of these years, for me, too...

Debbie

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

MOONSTONE is a beautiful rose.Its the only one I intend to always have in my yard.I also love DOUBLE DELIGHT, too.

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

Paul, your 'Moonstone' looks wonderful, just picture perfect! I got a 'Moonstone' ownroots earlier this year and can only hope that mine will do as well as yours.

For some reasons there are not often photos shown of this beautiful rose here on the Rose Gallery. Thank you so much for posting!

Christina

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

it's SO PRETTY. I love the color.