Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Moonstone' candelabra

Posted by paul_zone5ct 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 4, 10 at 11:39

This rose is not easy to grow in blackspot country, but this morning a candelabra of six blooms is opening. Easy to see why this is a popular rose for exhibition. -Paul

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Moonstone' candelabra

Here's another closer-up shot:

Photobucket

o

Oh Wow!!! Moonstone looks amazing!!! I've always been amazed by the pictures people have shown of this rose!! What a lovely bunch of roses you have!!!

I don't think Moonstone has fragrance - does it??

Thanks for the eye candy!!

Carol

o

Yes, I have always thought moonstone was one of the prettiest HTs (and there are many.) I did not know about the blackspot problems--that's a bummer.

I just love the delicate, pink seashell look it has.

o

Carol: Not much scent, but a beauty nonetheless. I'm a sucker for fragrant roses, but a couple of my absolute favorites have no scent, like "Savoy Hotel', which is a stunner.

o

Yeah, me too - Fragrant roses are a must for most of my roses - but Tournament of Roses has none - yet I adore this rose!!

I probably would say the same for Moonstone - but the nurseries don't offer that one - so I don't have to decide fragrance or not.

Carol :)

o

I fell for Moonstone the first time I saw it. Gorgeous bloom. Glad you have it to share here. One of these years..............

o

As with all the other ladies on your thread, Paul, I adore the way Moonstone looks! :) This rose has definitely got that "ahhh" factor going for it. (Loved the way Rooty Girl put it, as having a "delicate, pink seashell look.") And I know what you're talking about, as I'm a big time, fragrance lover in the roses department as well. But there are those very special few, like Moonstone, that I do (or might one day) make an exception of.

He,he, Iris Gal, one of these years, for me, too...

Debbie

o

MOONSTONE is a beautiful rose.Its the only one I intend to always have in my yard.I also love DOUBLE DELIGHT, too.

o

Paul, your 'Moonstone' looks wonderful, just picture perfect! I got a 'Moonstone' ownroots earlier this year and can only hope that mine will do as well as yours.

For some reasons there are not often photos shown of this beautiful rose here on the Rose Gallery. Thank you so much for posting!

Christina

o

it's SO PRETTY. I love the color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here