Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Thursday's blooms

sara_ann-z6bok
9 years ago

Orchid Romance is a little jewel, repeats quickly.

Comments (11)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another Firefighter!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And Francis Meillland, two blooms this time!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And Peace, just because!

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

All of them are so pretty and healthy.

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago

Orchid Romance is certainly pretty! Hmf says that it is fragrant, do you pick up any scent?

• lesmc
    9 years ago

Once againâ¦you have beautiful roses. Your garden must be heavenly. Lesley

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone. Brittie - I can't detect much fragrance from Orchid Romance yet, but I just planted it this year, hopefully it will become more fragrant when it becomes established. It looks very healthy, hasn't gotten very tall yet. Looks like it is going to be a good bloomer. Lesley - In all honesty, my rose beds don't look that great right now. I have blooms, but the heat is getting to them. I'm trying to get pictures in the morning when they are fresh.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Beautiful beautiful! Love Peace and Francis especially!! Gorgeous colors!!

• densiemill Miller
    9 years ago

Beautiful Sara-Ann as always. Peace & Firefigther on my 2015 list.

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

My garden looks crappy too. Temp is only 53F. Too cold for anything to look or smell nice.

Your roses look wonderful. It's always amazing to me to see how different Peace can look. That's a beautiful look for Peace.
    Carol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Brittie - I have to do an update on the fragrance of Orchid Romance, it is very fragrant indeed! Guess it just took awhile for it to come through, that makes it even better in my opinion. Last evening I brought one indoors and could barely detect any fragrance, this morning it was stronger and then got even stronger, a strong perfume fragrance, the kind I love!

Denise - I love both roses. I think Firefighter is a great rose, the bush seems healthy, but might take a little patience as far as bloom production, the fragrance is out of this world. Peace is an overall good rose for me. Besides the blooms being so beautiful, it has really strong stems, which make it a great cut rose and mine seem to be better than average bloomers, except one of mine has taken a long break after the second flush. Some people have major issues with Peace and blackspot. Mine have had some, but not too bad, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

Carol - I know how much you enjoy your roses and it seems like you haven't got to enjoy them that much this year, with all the issues you've had with the weather! This heat is frustrating and somewhat of an irritation, but it is something I know I'll have to deal with for awhile every rose season. But I feel fortunate to have roses blooming at least six months out of the year, and sometimes a little longer.

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!