Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katefisher_gw

For Christina

katefisher
13 years ago

Lupe's Buttons again. Definitely a good sized plant.

Another close up. Or two.

Pinocchio plant.

Bud

While I was out there..,quick shot of Halloween and two Rainbow's End.

Hope you enjoy these. Kate

Comments (8)

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

Dear Kate,

that is really terrible nice of you to post soo... many photos extra for me :-)! Though I for sure hope other people look at them, too ;-)!

All of your roses seem to be very healthy and I envy you the neatly mulched beds, just perfect!

The bushes of Lupe's Button and Lavender Pinocchio are very nicely shaped and both roses have so many buds. You really have something to look forward to. I love the subtle coloration in the close-ups of Lupe's button and Lavender Pinocchio is also a very fascinating and beautiful rose. I decided I will put both on my wish list, thanks to you!

Halloween and Rainbow's end are quite lovely, too!

Thank you so much for putting so much time in to show me your bushes of Lupe's Button and Lavender Pinocchio and freely adding some more close-ups. You are an enabler!

Warmly,

Christina

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

Great pics Kate! Your roses look so nice and healthy! RAINBOW'S END is yummy!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

Very lush, full bushes and beautiful roses. I especially like Lavender Pinocchio. I had this rose at one time but yours is so much more beautiful.

• katefisher
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Christina I'm glad you enjoyed them. No problem. Thanks for all the compliments. Those are a couple of happy, healthy bushes so it was fun to share.

Thanks Beth! I love Rainbow's End also. It is a super little work horse and it has so many phases it goes through. Its like having several different roses on one bush.

Hey Ingrid. Appreciate that. We have enjoyed LP very much. It was super floppy last year but this season has shaped up considerably.

Kate

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Halloween's bloom is incredible.

• katefisher
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Iris Gal. I was originally turned onto Halloween by Chuck (chuck_billie) and his support and encouragement in finding a vendor. We have enjoyed that rose very much and it has some lovely fresh blooms on it right now. Including a thread with a couple more pictures.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Halloween

• ramblinrosez7b
    13 years ago

Hi Kate, I love all of your roses, they are so pretty and your plants are so healthy looking, do you get blackspot there?

• katefisher
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey RR:

Thank you so much. It has been a fun summer for the roses. Oh yes, we do get blackspot. Although with our dry climate normally it is very, very small amounts and only early and late in the season. This year was an exception in that our spring lasted a long time and was atypically wet. I had a blackspot explosion that I thought I would never get under control! Finally did though and the roses appreciated all the rain even if I could not stop grumbling about it:)

Kate

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!