Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Is

Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 21, 11 at 12:51

Intrigue, a one cane wonder for several years now. I don't know how it survives every winter! I moved it out to the new bed this year and lo and behold I may actually get a second bloom!
Intrigue
Iobelle, is a Buck HT with large rounded buds and blooms and a great fragrance!
Iobelle
Iced Raspberry, pretty mini that can sometimes have nice form for exhibition, but not reliably.
Iced Raspberry
Isolde Hit, was a grocery store mini that I got as a gift. Thankfully I've trained my family well and they know to make sure they find one with a name tag in it! I really like this hot little number!
Isolde Hit
Ivory Tower, was one Mom had a long time ago and I looked for diligently to replace. The long buds and large blooms are gorgeous but it is prone to fungus diseases and the JBs love it as much as I do!
Ivory Tower

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Is

I really like the colors on Isolde Hit! Nice pics!

o

Thank you for all the great pictures, now I know what's hardy in my zone 5a. I'll check out Iobelle and its fragrance.

o

Iced Raspberry sure has interesting colors.... beautiful pics, Seil.

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 22, 11 at 11:18

Thanks, Jim! IH can be very bright and almost all red, striped red and yellow or nearly all yellow, every bloom is different!

Thanks, Strawberryhill! I think you'll love Iobelle! She winters well, is fairly disease resistant and a very prolific bloomer!

Thank you, Krista! IR is really a true raspberry red/pink color with a snow white reverse.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 22, 11 at 12:15

Very pretty! I'd love to find that ISOLDE HIT around here. But I've never seen it. They always have the same old Parade and Patio Hit roses. Dk red and lt pink, sometimes cream. Bummer...

o

Mon, Aug 22, 11 at 19:40

Thanks, Beth. I know my brother got that Isolde Hit for me at a local nusery/florist shop, English Gardens, at Valentine's Day. It was in a little fancy gift pot and he said most had name tags in them. Maybe try the florists shops around you. They might have a better selection than the grocery and big box stores get.

o

Loved your Isolde Hit. What a bright bloom.
Ivory tower seems aptly named, sorry about the problems.

o

Tue, Aug 23, 11 at 21:11

Thanks, Inga!

o

Wow - I rally like your Iobelle!! Love the colors, the darker rims - everything about it is beautiful!!! And you say it has fragrance? - wow!!!

One of my roses - can't remember which has Ivory Tower as a parent. So it's interesting to see what it looks like. I made tags for all of my roses that say name, breeder, year of hybridization, seed and pollen parents and type of rose. So I like to look at all the info. I wonder if it was Barbra Streisand. Hmmm...just can't remember.

Love your roses!!! Thanks!
Carol

o

Does anyone care to relate experience with Ivory Tower? I understand it can be splendid, but there are some drawbacks.

o

Sat, Aug 27, 11 at 17:25

Thanks, Carol! Being a Buck rose, even though it's an HT Iobelle has been very winter hardy for me too!

Mantis, Ivory Tower isn't my most vigorous rose but has been winter hardy, in a pot, for 2 years now. Like I said it will spot and PM. It's a slower repeater too. But the buds and blooms are huge!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here