Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
just getting started (part 5)

Posted by jim1961 5/6 pa (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 24, 09 at 12:56

Well, the courageous buds are starting to open.

cccc

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: just getting started (part 5)

Jim I believe that COURAGEOUS is going to make it. It has alot of new growth on it and is looking real healthy. What have you been feeding it. LOL
Harold

o

Harold, This soil has plenty of organics in it. I planted Courageous Mid-May. I did not fertilize it until Mid June.
I used Drammactic K fish/kelp mid-June, end of June, Mid July, end of July. I haven't fertilized since end of July.
I did foilage feed it every 2 weeks with Drammactic K, but, haven't done that since end of July either.

JIM

o

I'm not familiar with Drammactic K do you buy it localy or do you have to order it. I mostly use Mills Ease feed.
Harold

o

I had to buy Drammactic K via mailorder:

http://www.planetnatural.com/site/fish-kelp-fertilizer.html

------------------------------------------------------------

Next season I'm going to brew up Alfalfa tea and add the Drammactic K in with that. I'll scoop out a bucket full of Alfalfa tea from the garbage can and then add the fertilizer to the bucket.

http://www.rosenut.com/rosecare/manure_tea.htm

------------------------------------------------------------

JIM

o

This is fungus of some type on our Dogwoods.

fungus

o

Courageous buds have opened a hair more...LOL

cccc

o

After doing a more accurate scan of last years winter tempartures our coldest low was -9 degrees on Jan 17,2009.

JIM

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here