Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What type to buy and best catalog

Posted by peaches20 6 PA (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 13:18

Hi All,

I'm new to this list. I have a few knock out roses and would like to get a few more roses other than the typical red,, pink and yellow. I would like to get low maintenance roses and would like a recommendation on what type to buy and a good catalog to buy from.

Thanks,

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What type to buy and best catalog

Nancy - There are many easy to grow roses to choose from. I am not an expert on very many types, because other than hybrid teas and floribundas I have limited knowledge, but there are many on here who are quite knowledgeable on these different types. There are many hybrid teas and floribundas that are easy to grow and the choices are endless, it's really all a matter of personal preference.

There are many good companies: Regan Nursery, Edmunds Roses, Witherspoon, Rosemania, who all ship healthy roses on Dr. Huey rootstock. Palatine in Canada, who ships roses on multiflora rootstock. There are several very good companies that ship own-root roses: Roses Unlimited, Heirloom, Antique Rose Emporium, Chamblees and others. All those companies have websites. The ones that have catalogs, I'm sure would mail you one if requested.

I hope others who are experts on Old Garden roses, Austins, Buck roses, and others respond to your question.

o

Hi Nancy! Be warned you are about to become addicted! This is the best and most beautiful hobby. I would suggest you look at lots of post and see what you love and look on the HMF on Gardenweb to research what you see you love. Plus you could post questions on here about varieties you do love to get others opinions from your area. Have fun!! Judy

o

I second pretty petals! Its a very rewarding hobby and the people on this forum are so helpful and have some of the most amazing roses and gardens. Hello, and welcome, I'm Shannon from Louisiana and I am a newbie addict. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here