Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

Tennessee Roses...

TNY78
11 years ago

I've gone posting crazy today; 2 posts in the Antiques forum, one in the roses forum, and now this one! I have so much to do, but I think I'm procrastinating! This is just so much more fun than fixing a light fixture and a tiolet! LOL

Tammy

Limoncello

Ballerina (so digging this up once I work up the courage and get on my battle gear! The leaves are just too diseased here without spraying)

Rosalina

Lady Jane Grey

Lullaby...my favorite poly

Ramblin Red....awesome climber!

Souv de Philemon Cochet...I almost killed the poor thing earlier this year after getting Roundup a little too close :(

Lilac Charm...love it...but blows very fast!

Cornelia...I'm really into rose scents, but this one is great!

Bubble Bath

The Fairy...always in bloom :)

Comments (11)

• mzstitch
    11 years ago

Well I for one am glad you are a procrastinator because now I get to see your blooms! Beautiful! Lady Gray Jane is my favorite, but that's just because peach family roses are always my favorite! That ones a beauty! Limoncello is quite pretty too, thanks for the pictures!

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks mzstitch! I just added Lady Jane Grey, and she seems to be a great performer!

I also forgot these two :)

Double Chestnut Rose

Carefree Spirit who is COVERED in buds! I can't wait to see her in a few days!

• the_dark_lady
    11 years ago

Tammy, thank you for sharing these beautiful photos!
    I like your Ramblin Red, Limoncello and Bubble Bath a lot. And my absolute favorite is Souvenir de Philemon Cochet! I rarely see such perfect blooms on mine.
    Your photo captured the beauty of this rugosa wonderfully. You picture looks like it is 3-dimensional, I particularly love the leaves - so rugged and pleated. Yummm...
    Thank you.

Marina

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Wonderful roses and photos, Tammy! I like that you have a number of singles. I find them particularly lovely.

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Marina, trust me, I too rarely get a perfect bloom on Souv de Philemon Cochet! Usually the entire cluster opens at once and all the bloomsl squish eachother. This time, one opened before the rest with a beautiful result! It really is a lovely rugosa!

Seil, I'm learning to love the singles! You never have to worry about them balling, that's for sure!

Tammy

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Lovely blooms Tammy. Love that LADY JANE GREY!

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

I so love your garden Tammy! You always seem to post something that I've never seen before. Limoncello is ridiculously pretty as is Lady Jane Grey. I must be in a "yellows" mood today.

About Ballerina... I had two and they are now in rose heaven. They were ENORMOUS! Even with cutting back, they were each a good eight feet wide and with the exception of a few super branches, four feet tall. They hardly ever bloomed and never went a single day without blackspot. Except for when they first leafed out in the Spring, there weren't many leaves! I know they look amazing in some gardens, and maybe if I had the patience they could have looked fab in mine. But I didn't, so they're gone and I'm much happier with Maman Cochet and Niles Cochet in their place. Taking them out was a fricking JOB though! Oh my hell, the thorns are ridiculous. I was bleeding by the time I finally had all of the branches cut out. And then the roots were so long, it took everything I had to yank them free. I think a portion may have remained under my neighbor's fence though! Yikes! Will it come back on their side? Should I say something? Lol, that's a pickle.

Anywho, I'm done rambling. :) Love your pictures!

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

LOL...I needed that Brittie! The one I have in about 4 years old and is just taking up too much prime space in a front flower bed. Its almost 5 feet tall and wide and crowding everything else out! I have a beauty berry bush behind it that is so pretty this time of year and I can't even see it right now! I'm seriously considering tieing a chain to its base and yanking it with my husband's truck (I did that last year with a Knockout and it worked great! haha) Like you said always defoliated from BS and I don't think the blooms are that great compared to other hybrid musks. It's a goner as soon as I work up the courage!

Tammy

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Great pics, lovely blooms.

I really like Bubble Bath, mine accidentally got run over by a truck a few years ago, but it's doing great; it's a tough rose.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

I love your pic of Lady Jane Grey, and yes, even the photo of poor Ballerina. I love Ballerina! I can't believe she's so awful for you, and so big, too. It just proves that growing roses is really a local thing, climate-wise. Thanks for posting photos of some unique and lovely roses. Diane

• sanrosa
    11 years ago

I love Lady Jane Grey but she is so puny in our garden. This is one of the few from this year.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES