Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mashamcl

Last blooms of summer

mashamcl
14 years ago

My son started school today and a huge ash tree in my back yard is dropping its leaves... Fall must be coming, but here is what is still blooming.

Yves Piaget is really trying to make up for all the balling it did in spring

{{gwi:1267567}}

{{gwi:1267569}}

{{gwi:1267571}}

The first bloom on Fuzzy Wuzzy Red I got from the closeout sale at Nor'East. The color has some blue which completely disappeared in the picture. The moss fragrance is wonderful!

{{gwi:1267572}}

Regensberg is having a nice big flush

{{gwi:1267595}}

{{gwi:1267597}}

{{gwi:1267600}}

George Burns

{{gwi:1267601}}

Abraham Darby

{{gwi:1267602}}

Pat Austin cluster

{{gwi:1267603}}

Bishop's Castle

{{gwi:1267604}}

Golden Celebration

{{gwi:1267605}}

Gruss an Aachen

{{gwi:1267606}}

Coral salvia and artemisia

{{gwi:1267607}}

Purple Pavement

{{gwi:1267608}}

Sheila's Perfume

And another Sheila gone single in the heat

Crown Princess Margareta

Christopher Marlowe and a dahlia

Another bed with Outrageous, two Imposters, Yves Piaget and Sheila's Perfume. There is a lonely bloom of Heritage in the upper righthand corner

Masha

Comments (8)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    14 years ago

Wow! Very nice blooms mashamcl! Yes, fall is just around the corner.

JIM

• phatboyrose
    14 years ago

Mashamcl, these are the best most GORGEOUS roses I've seen posted yet. I went down the list and tried to pick out a favorite, but couldn't they are all just AWESOME each and everyone. BOY! makes me ashamed to post my rags after seeing your's. I don't know what your doing to grow these kind of roses; but let me know when you write a book and I'll buy it for sure. THANK for making my day.
    Harlod

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    14 years ago

Masha, what a wonderful group of roses! Thank you for posting these beauties. My undoubted favorite is Crown Princess Margareta, which is fabulous. I actually saw a specimen today at a nursery, a rather sorry plant with not a single rose or bud but if I had seen this picture before I left I would have bought it without doubt or question. My Yves Piaget, which I bought recently, now has new growth and nine buds, and I can't wait to see flowers like yours.

Ingrid

• bethnorcal9
    14 years ago

Wow, beautiful blooms Masha! They really do like the fall, don't they? I love that coral salvia you have. I have a darker coral one. But I like your lighter colored one better.

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

Your roses are gorgeous----thanks for sharing---lovely photography.

Florence

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Yves Piaget is strutting his stuff!!! One truly gorgeous rose.

Is Crown Princess Margareta as gorgeous? That's one I'd really like to see.

Beautiful cactus dahlia.

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you, everybody!

Ingrid and iris_gal, my CPM is a true monster. It sends huge thick canes in EVERY direction. I grow two as climbers and have trouble keeping them contained. I haven't really had "flushes" of bloom from her, just scattered blooms off and on all summer. The blooms are nice orangey apricot, not loud, very unusual color, smaller than Yves and not so fragrant to my nose. Foliage is clean. Few thorns, which is great for such a huge rose.

Masha

• organicgardendreams
    14 years ago

Masha, awesome roses as always! I just don't get it, how you make your roses flowering so profusely in the heat for you.

Your Yves Piaget is gorgeous. I especially like the third photo with the white flowers in the back ground. Is this a white Hydrangea?

Today the picture of Bishop's Castle really captured my heart. What a lovely rose!

The coral salvia together with artemisia is a stunning sight, what an interesting plant combo that I have never seen together. Well done!

I love the romantic look of Crown Princess Margareta. So many petals and such an unusual color. Truly an outstanding rose.

Thanks for posting!

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists