Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last blooms of summer

Posted by mashamcl 9 San Jose (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 24, 09 at 15:54

My son started school today and a huge ash tree in my back yard is dropping its leaves... Fall must be coming, but here is what is still blooming.

Yves Piaget is really trying to make up for all the balling it did in spring

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The first bloom on Fuzzy Wuzzy Red I got from the closeout sale at Nor'East. The color has some blue which completely disappeared in the picture. The moss fragrance is wonderful!

Photobucket

Regensberg is having a nice big flush

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

George Burns

Photobucket

Abraham Darby

Photobucket

Pat Austin cluster

Photobucket

Bishop's Castle

Photobucket

Golden Celebration

Photobucket

Gruss an Aachen

Photobucket

Coral salvia and artemisia

Photobucket

Purple Pavement

Photobucket

Sheila's Perfume

Photobucket

And another Sheila gone single in the heat

Photobucket

Crown Princess Margareta

Photobucket

Christopher Marlowe and a dahlia

Photobucket

Another bed with Outrageous, two Imposters, Yves Piaget and Sheila's Perfume. There is a lonely bloom of Heritage in the upper righthand corner

Photobucket

Masha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last blooms of summer

Wow! Very nice blooms mashamcl! Yes, fall is just around the corner.

JIM

o

Mashamcl, these are the best most GORGEOUS roses I've seen posted yet. I went down the list and tried to pick out a favorite, but couldn't they are all just AWESOME each and everyone. BOY! makes me ashamed to post my rags after seeing your's. I don't know what your doing to grow these kind of roses; but let me know when you write a book and I'll buy it for sure. THANK for making my day.
Harlod

o

Masha, what a wonderful group of roses! Thank you for posting these beauties. My undoubted favorite is Crown Princess Margareta, which is fabulous. I actually saw a specimen today at a nursery, a rather sorry plant with not a single rose or bud but if I had seen this picture before I left I would have bought it without doubt or question. My Yves Piaget, which I bought recently, now has new growth and nine buds, and I can't wait to see flowers like yours.

Ingrid

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 24, 09 at 21:03

Wow, beautiful blooms Masha! They really do like the fall, don't they? I love that coral salvia you have. I have a darker coral one. But I like your lighter colored one better.

o

Your roses are gorgeous----thanks for sharing---lovely photography.

Florence

o

Yves Piaget is strutting his stuff!!! One truly gorgeous rose.

Is Crown Princess Margareta as gorgeous? That's one I'd really like to see.

Beautiful cactus dahlia.

o

Thank you, everybody!

Ingrid and iris_gal, my CPM is a true monster. It sends huge thick canes in EVERY direction. I grow two as climbers and have trouble keeping them contained. I haven't really had "flushes" of bloom from her, just scattered blooms off and on all summer. The blooms are nice orangey apricot, not loud, very unusual color, smaller than Yves and not so fragrant to my nose. Foliage is clean. Few thorns, which is great for such a huge rose.

Masha

o

Masha, awesome roses as always! I just don't get it, how you make your roses flowering so profusely in the heat for you.

Your Yves Piaget is gorgeous. I especially like the third photo with the white flowers in the back ground. Is this a white Hydrangea?

Today the picture of Bishop's Castle really captured my heart. What a lovely rose!

The coral salvia together with artemisia is a stunning sight, what an interesting plant combo that I have never seen together. Well done!

I love the romantic look of Crown Princess Margareta. So many petals and such an unusual color. Truly an outstanding rose.

Thanks for posting!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here