Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Seafair Sunday Scenes

boxofrox
9 years ago

Tis that one day of the summer here in the PNW where the hydroplanes and the Blue Angels roar and old folks stay home and enjoy their gardens. I shot some pics while doing a water change on my koi pond this AM...this is what I saw on my phone......thanks for looking and hope you enjoy !

{{gwi:1267614}}

{{gwi:1267615}}

{{gwi:1267616}}

America

David

Dahlias

DD

WS2000

The Dark Lady w/tenant

Sedums....Suzie and Autumn Charm

Josephs Coat 10' in the air

Comments (14)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    9 years ago

Lots of beautiful flowers there, Boxofrox.

I'm not usually too drawn to dahlias, but the simplicity and beauty of that yellow one is very attractive.

Wish I had room for a Joseph's Coat--I love those blooms.

Kate

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    9 years ago

Wowzer on that bouquet! :-)
    Is that a lizard or frog hiding in The Dark Lady w/tenant? Cool pic either way!
    Very nice pics Boxo!

• lesmc
    9 years ago

Amazingâ¦once again! You have so so many flowers to cut and share. All the pictures are lovely. Lesley

• inga007
    9 years ago

Loved all your blooms and the bouquets, but most of all the little frog.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Boxo - Those are all so gorgeous as usual. I must say your picture of Wm. Shakespeare 2000 is SO PRETTY, looks like a beautiful rose!

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Lots of beauties! I love the bright colors of JC against that blue sky!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks all :-)

Kate, that bed where the dahlias are is like a blast furnace this summer. I'm with you on many dahlias but the variety is infinite and the texture/contrast possibilities can be pretty incredible. Most of my garden was built with "when will I be in this section" and late summer color drove most of my decisions. Roses/dahlias/ and hyrangeas came kind of late to the party so many were sited on an available space pass :-) This one bed is the only place left where I have dahlias. That one particular one was a $1.50 bulb at the grocery store and I chose it just for yellows/oranges/melons type bouquets. The two toned one I posted earlier was one as is a purple kind of one that's just opening. The bed also has America, Don Juan, and New Dawn on the wall and Brandy front and center. JC and Lyda were my very first two roses :-)

Jim, That's one of my little froggies and TDL is their stage.

Sara, my camera can never properly capture the smokie red of WS200 nor do him justice.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    9 years ago

Cool on the frog Boxo! I love pics like that...

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Oh that's amazing that you have a frog in your rose - how sweet!!!!

You make such stunning bouquets!!! Truly an honour and a delight to receive one. You must get some very lovely smiles in return. :)

Oh my!!! I just love your WS2000!!!! Drool!!!!!
    Carol

• bethnorcal9
    9 years ago

Wonderful photos Boxofrox! Love the froggie, and really love those dahlias!

• dove_song
    9 years ago

Ohhh, Boxo, your photos have my heart a singin'!! Thanks!!! Had to chuckle about your mentioning listening to the Blue Angels roar. As a young girl growing up on the coast of southern Oregon I LOVED watching them fly sooo beautifully up in the sky. My heart longed to fly them. Such fond memories!!! :-)

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    9 years ago

True story dovie....we used to live in Skyway just over the hump from The Pits. We used to put into the Lake at Seward Park early in the AM with a whole flotilla of rafts and tubes and I would backstroke us all down to just East of Stan Sayers where the hydros pit. We had all the coolers full of food and refreshment and we stayed from dawn to dusk. Twas back before folks was nuts :-( The angels were everyone's highlight me thinks.

That froggie might not be the same but the clump of TDL is the same hotel as the last time I posted this pic.....

Here's some more from today......

{{gwi:1267642}}

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Frogs like TDL!!! That is so sweet to see the GREEN (wow!! what a bright color!!) frog nestled into The Dark Lady.
    Carol

• dove_song
    9 years ago

Hey, Boxo!!!

Sorry that I'm so late in getting back to you. I've just been sooo very busy. About your comment--"The angels were everyone's highlight me thinks." Really put a smile on my face, it did!

Another comment of yours regarding "Twas back before folks was nuts :-( " Yeah I'm gettin' that. Yesterday I was talking to a retired military secret service man and his wife. Nuff said...

Blessings to you and your wife.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations