Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Hot Cocoa for KG

boxofrox
14 years ago

Yo Kansas Girl,

Here's a heaping helping of Hot Cocoa, drink up ;-)

On top, middle & right

{{gwi:1257160}}

{{gwi:1250891}}

{{gwi:1250881}}

{{gwi:287483}}

{{gwi:1268312}}

Those are the older pics that are already on my photobucket, some which I've posted here before. I know it's expensive but you really could afford to pay attention ;-)

Comments (17)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    14 years ago

Oh wow! Very nice pics of your roses! You will get stalked for sure...LOL

JIM

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! Whoo-hoo! Whoo-hoo!

Boxofrox and Jim, the Stalker is doing her twirls, whoo-hoo! whoo-hoo!

and yes, smackdo! I do remember that wonderful bouquet in the first photo and the beautiful bud photo (second to the last photo)... Man, I can't believe I forgot the name of the rose...You see I remember the gorgeous flower...still, shame on me! hee-hee! Maybe what made me forget was that Hot Cocoa, just like you say Boxofrox, looks so different from photo to photo that I didn't associate it with the same rose.

Not picking up on Hot Cocoa's name is also "unforgiveable" in terms of the simple fact that rose names are easy to remember unlike Lc. Yen Amethy x Blc. Varut Greenworth or Lc. Longriver Compton 'Golden Star' hee-hee! That is one huge difference between roses and orchids... Hmmm, maybe I need to "stock" up on brain vitamins instead of being so busy "stalking"...hahaha! or shall I say seeing too much beauty knocks my brain out! hee-hee!

Hot Cocoa, the Clematis and White Eden are so gorgeous together... That is one beautiful entwining of colors.

Yummy, delicious hot cocoa!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

That is so funny !

HC is ready to go ballistic, here's a pre-eruption shot from today with like 40 +/- buds. She's gonna blow, she's gonna blow........;-)

{{gwi:1268315}}

Good timing too because the LE & EG are getting ready and I've got some folks who love the oranges and yellows who are going through bouquet withdrawals. The 3 amigos (Hot Cocoa/Livin Easy/Easy Goin) make great bouquets, especially with a few newly opened Betty Boops that are still yellow/red. I'm going to do another special one too with only The Prince and those purple and white pompom dahlias. I'm thinking that ones going to be killer :-)

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Hahahaha! that is literally riotous! an explosion of color that is just waiting to burst! 40+ wow, wow, wow! hehe! Boxofrox you have quite a handful to worry about.. Relatives and friend yowling for bouquets and vitual-reality stalkers who just won't quit! there is not such thing as Livin Easy and Easy Goin for popular gardeners like you and JeffAurora...not easy to keep up with all our yowling and demands, hahaha!

• mommachelle
    14 years ago

I love that Hot Cocoa usually has all stages of blooming going on!
    {{gwi:1268317}}From Roses

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Fresh Hot Cocoa brewed this AM ;-)

{{gwi:1268320}}

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

so gorgeous! Boxofrox, whoo-hoo, whoo-hoo, whoo-hooo! but I just saw this photo right after another post, otherwise I'd have added it too in another thread. Terrible me I stole your rose bouquet and grouped under my post under Favorite Rose Combinations. I would have put even more of your garden pics but they didn't have names on them so I didn't want to make any callouts for further inaccuracy than what I did with your bouquet...I researched as best as I could a few scattered names you mentioned here and there...

You and JeffAurora will have to add your landscape view of the roses. Hope you and Kristin won't get furious with me. JeffAurora will not be safe from my crazy rockstar/rosestar fan ways either. hee-hee, or should I say, yyyyyeeeeks! time for the Rose Stalker/Stealer to run for her life! or shall I say run to Jim's Statue of Mary in his garden photo now that I've confessed my misdeeds...

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Girl, you can do anything your little heart desires with my pics, that's why I share them with you :-) Shoot, I'm up to over 300 on my photobucket from early on to present so if you want to e-mail me off forum, go ahead and I'll send you the link. You've already seen a lot of them, even though you selectively forget to remember them VBEG !

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

hurrrayyyy! I am so happy, happy, happy! well, Boxofrox I would love to steal more photos and will email soon as I get done with this post... You see I made so many boo-boos with my starter garden...All I had was a list of bee-attracting herbs and didn't even understand the concept of clustering until I saw your gorgeous garden photos, then there was also Kristin's which likewise emphasized the importance of certain groupings and having enough of the same plant coverage... Instead I'd do the silly 2 of each plant-- a whole lot of good that does (roll-eyes)... I think it'd be great for other novices like me to have your inspiration to draw from... But of course, no matter how hard I try, it just won't happen... I've got no "gardening-eye", but live vicariously through the artistic eye of others and I've got an uncooperative s.o. who would love to bring out the salt shaker to my garden, lol!
    But still! it's great for someone who is starting their garden to have the chance to learn from and see your! garden... I saw someone recently who is a starter gardener (3 roses) and I immediately thought of you! As for me, I am still hoping that bit by bit something will sink into this turtle brain of mine, and I'll figure out how to improve on what I've got.

• iluvgardens
    14 years ago

Great, great pictures!! Love all the Hot Cocoa.
    Here is a picture of mine the other day.

• iluvgardens
    14 years ago

I thought I would add one more picture. It is not Hot Cocoa but called Coffee Bean. I got it because it is a mini and reminded me of HC

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yo KG,

I thought I'd post this pic of my first water lilly of the year with a disclaimer because I couldn't get closer.....or I was smart enough not to try ;-)

{{gwi:1268328}}

Back in early June, I made a slight miscalculation, lost my balance and fell off my 6' wall landing backwards across a wheelbarrow. I should have broken my back but by the grace of God, I not only lived to tell about it but remarkably did not have a scratch or bruise. What I did have however was a newfound respect for the fact that I am no longer as young and agile as I used to be so I no longer take the same risks without thinking. There will be more buds, not in the far corner of the pond ;-)

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Oh, my goodness, definitely Praise Christ you didn't break your back!!!! and wow, even though you weren't able to zoom in, I can say that waterlily is gorgeous gorgeous! what kinds of waterlilies are in your pond?

I love waterlilies and lotus blossoms. Sort of that impressionism painting sort of feel that they give gardens. This is a real treat, Boxofrox.

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I had 3 at one time but I'm thinking I'm down to 1 now. As the koi get older, they get a little aggressive with them plus with 5 waterfalls, the motion is more than lillies really like. Actually the one that's blooming was a boxstore special ;-)

I've got a customer who is stopping by tomorrow. He has a really nice camera that can capture things at a distance that my cheap little point and shoot can't. If we have time, I'm going to have him take a few shots for me and maybe catch a hummer as well. He shot a chickadee entering the birdhouse a while back and it took my breath away ;-) I'll try to get a better one of the waterlilly.

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Wow, I can't wait to see more lily pics. Boxofrox what makes me really sad was that I had an el cheapo ancient Kodak that captured reds wonderfully, far better than my expensive! Canon Rebel XSI could in my klutzy hands. That Kodak camera had a closeup lens and a more telescopic kind of lens that I bought for it and could attach separately. Well, I broke the camera battery backing and would continually try to tape it shut. Well, I eventually lost that camera battery back. It broke my heart to no longer be able to use it.

Boxofrox I am so excited and want to see your hummer too. That would be fabulous!

Hee-hee, I never knew koi could be aggressive swimmers and cause a ruckus for the water lilies, LOL! Would lotuses fare better perhaps? I wonder. Sometimes smaller flowers are actually tougher than the bigger flowers I noticed in nature. Maybe you can find a super koi-hardy lily, hee-hee!

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Prince! I gotta see Prince, Boxofrox! I just saw you mention Prince is taking over WS2000. Now I gotta see this too, hee-hee! Fighting Koi and the Lilies, a fat little hummer, and Prince.

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    14 years ago

If the rain doesn't destroy everything (including all the AD) I'm going to make a killer bouquet of just The Prince, Midnight Blue and white laced with purple pompom dahlias. Everything is looking pretty soggy and droopy right now :-(

Here's the dahlia

{{gwi:1260750}}

With The Prince

{{gwi:1249107}}

And Midnight Blue

{{gwi:336001}}