Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thursday's Beauties

Posted by kentucky_rose Z6 KY (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 28, 14 at 16:48

Here's Thursday's beauties. It takes a lot of time to cut these because I try to seal the canes.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thursday's Beauties

Prettypetals, this is the finished product and yes lots of pictures!

o

Kentucky_rose - Your roses are unbelievably gorgeous, I am in awe! I enjoy cutting roses and you have been an inspiration to me this week, I want to take better care of them after I cut them. How many roses do you have?

o

Girl you've got some pretties right there. Do you sell them or just share with everybody? I'm quite selfish with mine but I do make bouquets for my mommy, sister and for our business. I keep my favorites usually for me though!! Heehee!!!

o

Sara and Pretty petals, I'm glad you enjoyed them, too. I have 116 rose bushes, 60+ HT's, 30+ mini/floras, few grandifloras and floribundas, and 3 Heritage. The Ale8 bottles will go to Donut Days for my friends. I did keep a few favorites for me, Let Freedom Ring, 3 Dona Martin, Blue Girl, Welcome Home, Louise Estes, and Falling in Love.

o

gorgeous:)

o

Those are such beautiful blooms. I am in Louisville and it has been so hot here that my blooms have fried. Plus, this hot weather has just about shut down the blooms. I would love to know your secret!!!! You have certainly grown some beautiful roses.I can almost smell that sweet rose scent. Thank you for sharing these beauties. Lesley

o

That. Is. Crazy!!! I'm in awe here, seriously. You have a really beautiful collection there.

o

That's so nice of you to share!! Love them!! Has anyone at the donut shop taken up growing roses thanks to you? Judy

o

Thanks everyone! Lesley, Louisville is usually about 4-5 degrees hotter and that can make a big difference. We have had lots of rain, too. I have had some blooms to fry and fade this week. As the temps go up, bloom size shrinks and can be very noticeable each day. My stems are skinny. I ran out of Response and used Monty's Joy Juice in my spray the last 2 times. My leaves are looking healthier. I had BS really bad from July to mid Aug.
Prettypetals, people do ask me rose questions at Donut Days, usually about pruning.

o

Stunning arrangements.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here