Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quietness, a near-perfect rose!

Posted by celestialrose zone 4/NH (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 9, 06 at 17:16

Hi All,
I highly recommend this rose to everyone, but especially to those in the cold zones, like me. You will see for yourself that she is GORGEOUS, but she is so much more! She has remained completely disease-free for me, blooms constantly, is vigorous & healthy, hardy, and is the one rose the Japanese Beetles rarely visited.
Gosh, I hope these pictures post because you will fall for her, I promise!
Celeste

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quietness, a near-perfect rose!

She is gorgeous! Can't wait for mine to grow up and start blooming. If mine is half that pretty, I will be ecstatic.

Happy Gardening,
Michelle

o

I also heard that this rose does well in more shade than some roses. I don't have Quietness but if it does well in shade I will have to put it on my list.

Your pictures are lovely.

Florence

o

Thanks, Michelle & Florence! Yes, my experience is that it does do well in partial sun/shade...mine is planted beneath a lilac tree where it has filtered sun in the morning and some periods of shade thereafter and does just fine. I don't know how well it would bloom if the site was constantly shady, but it does well here in a slightly shady spot. If only she had more fragrance, she would be perfect! With so many fragrant roses in my garden, I don't need for her to be smelly...being pretty and easy to please is what endears her to me!
Celeste

o

Luscious pics! I need this one. You've enabled me again. How tall & wide does she get for you?

Jen

o

Celeste, your photos are superb and I don't know how long you've had Quietness but you will love it. I have two now but they are just sitting. These are truly beautiful shots.

Carla

o

Jen, for me in NC my first Quietness is more tall than wide, like 5 ft. tall and maybe 3ft., growth like a shrub.

Carla

o

I just planted this one!
Kathy in NAZ

o

Beautiful!

o

A dear friend sent me a couple of cuttings of this rose and if the cuttings don't grow I will be ordering it this winter, it is a beauty and I am a sucker for soft pink roses, hardy ones even more so. Your pics are wonderful, thanks, if I hadn't already had this on my list I would put it right at the top now.

Valerie

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 13, 06 at 17:36

Very pretty. I can see why you are enthused about it. The shade part is most interesting.......

o

Is it fragrant?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here