Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
August Blooms

Posted by peachymomo 9b (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 25, 10 at 18:03

I've been collecting pictures all month and I've finally gotten enough for a nice long post.

Bishop Darlington
rose

New Dawn
rose

Just Joey
rose

Sunsprite
rose

Sheila's Perfume
rose

Eden
rose

White Eden
rose

Dream Come True
rose

I've had lots of spiders make their homes on my rose bushes, but never inside a rose before... at least not that I noticed.
rose

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: August Blooms

Beautiful pics of wonderful roses, peachymomo! I especially admire the elegance of New Dawn! Too bad that this rose is not supposed to grow well in my area.

Your White Eden is so lovely, seeing it makes me want to grow this rose in my own garden, again. I am curious how is the repeat of White Eden and the "regular" Eden for you? Is there any difference in terms of the repeat between the two?

Thanks for the photo treat!

Christina

o

What a ravishing picture of Sheila's Perfume!

o

I love the pictures, especially those petal packed edens!

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 26, 10 at 9:29

Great pics peachymomo!
Sunsprite is looking very bright!
I like the spider in the bloom photo. :-)

o

I have Eden in a 10 gal pot and white eden in the ground, and so far the white eden has been much happier and had more blooms and more flushes of blooms (3 as opposed to 2) but I can't say if it's the rose or the planting spot that made the difference. Personally I like the white eden more.

I'm glad you all liked my photos :o)

o

Well it was worth the wait, all of your roses look so good, what is the bud with the spider in it? Shiela's Perfume is very beautiful!

o

Very beautiful. The inner petals on Bishop Darlington appear to be beckoning us closer. What an awesome effect!
---Laura

o

The spider is in a Dream Come True bud, and I think that Bishop Darlington wants us to get closer so that we can smell his wonderful fragrance :o)

o

Wow - I've never seen Shiela's Perfume look so radiantly wonderful. The outlining on the petals is fantastic!!

What's your last rose? It's very striking!!

Thanks!!
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here