Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

For Shannon

boxofrox
14 years ago

Awhile back on another thread I was sharing a bit about my memory garden and the pot we put in the middle of the walkway with the "Shannon Tree". Shannon was a little neighbor girl who grew up and moved away and made some wrong choices and sadly died a few years ago leaving a young son and daughter behind.

We have stayed in touch over the years with Shannon's mother and young son who is now 12. Yesterday her mother called me and asked if she could bring him by and asked if she could have some flowers from my garden to take to her grave. They came over and while she stayed inside with my wife, he and I took a tour and together we cut some flowers for his mother. I am quite fond of him and made sure he knew that his mother would have been very proud of the fine young man he has grown to be :-)

Anyway, we cut two buckets of flowers for them to take and arrange at the cemetery......

{{gwi:1268947}}

{{gwi:1268948}}

Besides the dahlias and hydrangeas the roses include: Darlow's Enigma, Stairway to Heaven, Hot Cocoa, Red Flower Carpet, The Prince, LD Braithwaite, Oklahoma, Abraham Darby, and The Dark Lady.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH