Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Unique picture of Buxom Beauty

sara_ann-z6bok
9 years ago

I took this indoor picture of Buxom Beauty today, I guess depending on the lighting the automatic flash works, this was the result.

Comments (14)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This bloom of Rina Hugo is an example of why I ordered this rose to begin with. I will admit I was disappointed with the first blooms, but this third flush looks like it's going to be a good one and the bush is vigorous

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    9 years ago

Sara, it is beautiful. If Palatine offers it for next year, I want one. I had it ordered for this year and canceled it, but kept Buxom Beauty. Which do you like best?

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kentucky_rose - This is my second year for Buxom Beauty and sometimes I like it, but other times the color is almost too much, but I can deal with it, it's a good rose with a nice fragrance. If my Rina Hugo blooms start looking like the one pictured, I think I'll like it better, but not much fragrance. I was drawn to RH because of its color. Both of these did come from Palatine.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Beautiful blooms!! Especially love Buxom Beauty!! How many roses do you grow? Thanks for sharing your beauties!!!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you prettypetals - I have around 85 roses, and about 60 varieties, since I have duplicates and triplicates of a few. I have mostly hybrid teas, then floribundas, and a few old garden roses, which I love and a few climbers. I want to plant more of the old garden roses and a few Austins, along with mini-floras and a few miniatures. And there are still dozens of hybrid teas I want, it never ends! But I know I need to slow down a little!

• inga007
    9 years ago

Lovely photos of your beautiful roses.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

I tell myself all the time no more roses Sara Ann but I cave all the time. Lol. Those beautiful blooms always win!!! Judy

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

They're beautiful, Sara! I like how the flash silvers the petals on BB.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Inga and Seil. Seil - I think the silvery look is what makes it look so pretty too. Prettypetals - I know exactly what you mean. As long as we're enjoying it, I guess it's okay.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 7:02

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    9 years ago

I like flash shots where the rose stands out against a black background! Very Nice Sara Ann!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you so much, Jim.

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

I love the feathering on the outside petals of Buxom Beauty!! So lovely!! I can't wait for my bare root BB to look like that!!

Rino Hugo looks wonderful. I once had a bouquet for Costco, and I thought - I bet that's Rino Hugo. I looked for a tag - and I was right!! It was a wonderful really long lasting bouquet!!

Carol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Carol - Buxom Beauty is a good rose, I love the fragrance! Rina Hugo is very pretty. I can tell it is one that stays pretty a long time, seems very healthy. I ordered both of these roses from Palatine.

• tigerloveroses
    9 years ago

Beautiful