Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More roses blooming today

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 18:54

This bloom of Peace is what I've been waiting for, the classic look.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More roses blooming today

Julia Child looks so cheerful.

o

Double Delight finally blooming again!

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 20:14

Wow they all look great sara Ann!
Glad your enjoying your classic Peace bloom! :-)

o

Thank you, Jim

This is Fragrant plum

o

Royal William

o

Gorgeous blooms! Especially like your royal William. Is it a good re-bloomer and is it fragrant? Thanks for sharing.

o

Bayourose - Thank you. I've had my Royal William quite a few years. It is a dependable rose, sometimes a little slow to repeat and averages about one dozen blooms per flush, which I consider fair. Mine used to get very tall, but in recent years it probably doesn't get over 4 ft. tall. It has a nice tea fragrance and I consider it a true red, it is a pretty rose in person. Even though I don't consider it a heavy bloomer, I always enjoy the blooms I do get.

o

They all look so picture perfect Sara Ann!! I've tried to grow Peace two times and it died. I need to try one more time. Not sure what the problem is. Your bloom of it is gorgeous!! Judy

o

Thanks Prettypetals. I have two Peace bushes in the same bed, but not next to each other, the bush with the rose pictured repeats quickly, but the other one is just sitting there, it looks healthy, hopefully it will bloom again by fall. Roses can be so unpredictable! If you really like it I wouldn't give up on it yet.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 18:33

Everyone is beautiful but the Peace is perfect!

o

Peace is my favorite too. Not only great colors but perfect form.

o

Wow!!! Peace looks incredible!!!! That is exquisite!!! Did you put it on helpmefind? You should! :)

Your Double Delight looks amazing!!! I get frustrated with mine - blooms never look that nice. :) It's on its 2nd year - I'm going to give it another year, then might think on whether I should keep it. Pictures like yours makes me want to hang on to it!!! Lovely!!

Carol

o

Thank you Seil, Iris and Carol. It almost seems trite for me to say it, but I do love Peace! Carol, I haven't put any roses on HMF yet, maybe one of these days. I hope your Double Delight starts doing better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here