Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Seafair Sunday

boxofrox
11 years ago

Anybody familiar with the PNW and hydroplane racing knows this is Seafair Sunday around these parts. Good weather on this and the 4th are always iffy but this year is mid 90's and toasty. At my advanced age, I choose to forego the festivities and relax at home in the garden. Here's what I see this w/e.....hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.

Mommas bouquet for the day.....

Some views outback.....

Abe

America

The Dark Lady

Blue Wave

Some dahlias

Some clems

Livin Easy

Easy Goin

Midnight Blue

Tall redhead

Comments (15)

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Good choice, Boxo! I do love the hydroplanes but we never make it to the ones on the Detroit river. We have occasionally made the ones up on the St. Clair river to see Miss Geico leave everyone in her wake, lol!

As always, your bouquet is spectacular and the garden and roses are so beautiful! I love the white hibiscus and is that an Ernest Markham clem? I have him too!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey thanks seil ;-)

Yes, that's Ernest. We have two of the Rose of Sharon trees, that white one and a purplish one that is called Bluebird.

• mzstitch
    11 years ago

Beautiful pictures, and such a nicely landscaped yard! My clemetis only blooms in the spring, wonder if I'm doing something wrong!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Most of mine bloom twice. As I was re-thinking what seil asked though, I realized that is not Ernest Markham. He looks a bit more like this......

• Zyperiris
    11 years ago

Boxo, me too..we stayed home. Your garden is spectacular

• inga007
    11 years ago

With those sort of temperatures, I will forgo the sea breeze and join you in the beautiful, shady, perfumed garden, as well and smell the roses. :>)

Thank you for the lovely post.

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Beautiful pics! Love those clematis!!

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Great clematis, hydrangeas, and roses! My clems are suffing in this summer's heat and drought :( Some of the ones climing my fence have died back to the ground, but look like they're coming back slowly now that its been raining some.

My cousin and his wife live in Washington and went to the hydroboat races this past weekend too. Sounds like you all had a great time!

Tammy

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks guys :-)

Zyp, crowds are way over-rated, especially when you've spent a career pedal to the metal in traffic around these parts.

Awseome cool down since Sunday....back to that pleasantry commonly known as that 70's show ;-)

Yesterday's pics.........

Third colored glad to bloom

Chicago Peace

WS2000 which I can never accurately capture

Rose of Sharon

Astilbe and....

A pinkish Blue Wave

Abraham Darby

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

Lovely garden and flowers. I especially like the double mauve clematis. What a beauty!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    11 years ago

Wow! All great pics Boxofrox! I really like the landscape shots!

• TNY78
    11 years ago

I'm so jealous of everyone out West! The lack of BS is amazing to me :) Then again, we don't have some of the West Coast problems here that you all have...but still, your roses & other plants are amazing!

Tammy

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Love your yard! Design and beautiful plants and architecture. Wonderful!

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Tammy, they may not get BS but they still get PM and rust is a much bigger problem than it is here. No place it perfect.

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

I love your Blue Wave!!! Wow!!
    Oh, to have your garden (or your gardening skills!). So lovely!!

Your Abe is divine!!!
    My William Shakespeare2000 has about 3 inch blooms(in its 2nd year). How big are yours? I'm thinking of getting rid of mine - it's in a pot and can't compare to my other potted roses. Whereas yours looks wonderful!!

Such beauty Boxo!!
    Carol