Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22262128

August Blooms,..Video.

User
11 years ago

Video===August Blooms 2012.

Roses and other blooms,..the Hollyhocks are just showing their blooms.

Comments (8)

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Lovely, Glengarry! Where are you at? My poppies bloomed months ago! I love those pink ones. Do you know the name of them?

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Seil,
    i am living in the Midlands of Ireland,..frequently wet,..either rain,mists or drizzle,..but we get temperatures up to 38C/100F and a mild winter most years,..that Poppy or Poppies,..as two of them arrived in the garden for the first time this summer,..a volunteer plant,..from heaven knows where,..so i have no name for it as yet,..they are approx three foot high,..i get many volunteer plants,..never can figure out from where they come from.

Sooo your Poppies bloomed months ago,..at present eyebrows are raised with my Lupins blooming the same time as my Hydrangea,..weird climate here.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Oh, I would love to get volunteers like that!!! All I ever get are lots of pesky weeds, lol. You probably have squirrels or birds that spread the seeds. Or maybe check out the neighbor's gardens upwind of you!

Everything here bloomed all out of whack too because of the weird weather we had in winter and spring. I had peonies, iris and poppies all blooming at the same time this year, in May no less. My hydrangeas started blooming in June which is at least a month early for here. They've already turned that gray/green color they get when they age on the plant. And even though it's only August now some things are already showing fall color that shouldn't show up for at least another month.

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Very soothing and lovely.
    Carol

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Seil,
    those Poppies proved to be Opium Poppies,..Papaver somniferum,..illegal to grow in the USA,.. i think,..as for where all my volunteer plants come from,..i ruled out neighbors gardens because nobody had plants like Verbascum nigrum,..they appeared first in 2011,..and have self seeded,..they are just coming into bloom,..a tall plant,.. last year they reached a height of 7 Ft.

Your flowers are certainly blooming out of season,..there was a time i could rely on my garden notes for sowing seeds and when blooms would start,..not any more,..my Aquilegia finished flowering about three weeks ago,..yesterday i noticed some are starting to bloom again.

Our Summer starts 1st of May.
    .. Autumn .. 1st of August.
    .. Winter .. 1st of November.
    .. Spring .. 1st of February.

Verbascum nigrum,.. volunteer plants.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Carol,
    thank you,..glad you enjoyed that music and video,..here is one made in 2008,..very little has changed since then.

Video===Garden Roses 2008.

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

What a beautiful garden and roses! Wonderful blooms.

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Krista.

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022