pine_acres

It's all abbout Elle

pine_acres
18 years ago

She's a beauty!

Comments (31)

• onewheeler
    18 years ago

Oh she is a beauty, she looks like one of those china roses you buy at the jewelry stores. Love her colors.

Valerie

• McCormick
    18 years ago

I wholeheartedly agree! Great shots.

• msjean
    18 years ago

Beautiful !!

• kzn9
    18 years ago

So there seem to be mixed messages about Elle. Does she do better in the cooler climes?

• BecR
    18 years ago

Thanks for sharing these lovelies. I too have Elle, newly planted. She has 2 blooms on one stem---no color showing yet. How do you like her smell?

Becky

• threeducks
    18 years ago

I wouldn't consider Michigan hot, but it doesn't seem to be so good up here. Maybe it needs more time to establish, but I have been unimpressed with the one I have. The blooms also seem to blow fast, in addition to having not so good form.

• User
    18 years ago

Interesting rose many different faces during a season from the deep pinks I see here to near orange in the fall last year.

• angelsmell
    18 years ago

I just planted this rose this year bareroot, she smells so great and is a very pretty rose.... I hope she blooms more the older she gets..... LOve it

• MissPat
    18 years ago

I planted Elle this spring and was truly disappointed in her few white blossoms with the slightest hint of pink. Then in July she came forth with a second magnificent flush in the beautiful pink of these photos. In spite of the scorching heat we have had in Wisconsin this summer, she seemed unaffected, didn't bake in the heat or fade in color as some of my roses did, held shiny, healthy leaves, and bloomed for well over a week. Now I am really impressed and delighted with her.

• threeducks
    18 years ago

I have to admit, mine is improving. The color is certainly much improved. Perhaps next year it will live up to its AARS rating.

• Carrie_AZ
    18 years ago

I love this rose. I purchased this rose because my grandaughter has the same name. I planted it in May then it got really hot here in the arizona desert, so I have not had much of a chance to enjoy it yet. I will this fall and winter though, looking forward to it. I did cut a few blooms for the vase last spring but will enjoy it more this fall.
    yours is very pretty, I really like the colors of this rose.
    Carrie

• kzn9
    18 years ago

Trust me. 90 degrees in not hot. Carrie knows hot at 115. Have sen so many mixed messages about this one. What about fragrance?

• daun
    18 years ago

My Elle' has a old rose scent. It has many forms and colors. Spring was white, summer a dark cotton candy pink. True HT form, one per branch, very tall and skinny bush.
    Daun

• janepa
    18 years ago

My Elle (3) are gorgeous. Since I usually have a very bad problem with blackspot here in central PA I have reduced the roses in my garden by 75%. I will not spray and my DH does not like to look at bare twigs with a rose at the end of it. This year I had to try Elle because of the description (color, form, fragrance), and I am glad I did. It has been a beautiful addition, and a great performer. My only problem is that the J. beetles love it, too. Each year I am alloting so many $$ for roses, and if I have to treat them as annuals, so be it. I have moved Elle to a more permanent place in my garden, right beside Passionate Kisses. They look lovely together, and neither were bothered this hot summer with blackspot.
    Jane

• canadian_rose
    18 years ago

The fragrance is to die for. It's my absolute best smelling rose. I have some nice smellers - Chrysler Imperial, Gertrude Jekyll, Sweet Chariot, Distant Drums, Heirloom, Heritage, and Memorial Day. Elle leaves them all in the dust. Smells like sweet, sweet candyfloss. I LOVE this rose!

Canadian Carol

• BecR
    18 years ago

I am so happy with Elle. She is one of the few roses in my garden in full bloom right now (the other is Christopher Marlowe), and she has only been in the ground @ a month! The first couple of blooms were not that great...but then...WOW!!! This flush (7 blooms) has been holding up in the heat VERY well---no fading. Impressive. Fragrance is to die for (I think my fav)---am always sticking my nose in one of her luscious blooms. I am so happy to have her---she is "my precious". ;-)

Becky

• zeffyrose
    18 years ago

Beautiful pictures of a lovely rose.

If only I had more room and more sun.

Florence

• ginni77
    18 years ago

I have seen this rose in the catalogs and have been so tempted. After seeing these photos, I just might have to have it. I love roses with the yellow fire burning below the pink of the petals. There's just something so alive about that combination.

Ginni

• angelsmell
    18 years ago

I have Elle, I just love this rose... it smells wonderful and she's beutiful too!

• susan82
    18 years ago

Beautiful! I have been curious about her. Now I am convinced I need Elle in my garden!

• zeffyrose
    18 years ago

Hi Monika,

I was checking HMF and they have more than one ---Which one is yours. Is it a shrub or HT ?

I love your pictures.

Florence

• duchesse_nalabama
    17 years ago

I planted two bareroots of this rose which I got from the Parks/Wayside sale. They've just started to put on leaves, but I'm guessing it will be a long while before I see any blossoms. Just had to search to see some more pics ofthis rose - what a beauty! I hope mine is as lovely as what this picture shows.

• BecR
    17 years ago

My Elle was slow to flush this year. New to my garden since last year--- I've been wondering when she was going to DO something. After producing only a couple of blooms here and there earlier this year (most were off-color/form), she now is finally pumping out gorgeous blooms true to color and form. WOW!!! And, she is taking the prolonged heat we've been having rather well (with plenty of water, of course). The scent is very lovely if I catch it midmorning, before it really heats up outside.
    -Becky

• ralf58
    17 years ago

Lovely photos.

• User
    17 years ago

She also has some interesting color variations in fall she goes into her gypsy dance and all the orange shades come thru

• aurora1701e
    17 years ago

Indeed it is...

Jeff

• chgo2la
    17 years ago

It took me little convincing to bring home this sweetheart, Elle (just 2 days ago!). This thread is fascinating in that Elle adoptees around the country are experiencing different colors, depending upon the climate. Someone in Wisc even mentioned white with a "hint" of pink. Did I read "orange?!" The pix sent from Zone4WI are a much deeper pink than the soft pink on my Elle. But I just love the soft baby-pink with a dab of butter at center. What a sweet girl.

Laura

• patricianat
    17 years ago

What a beauty!

• bass2966_bellsouth_net
    12 years ago

This is an incredible rose. Here in Atlanta, it is still blooming beautifully in late september! I found it at a Home Depot or at Lowe's and was smitten by its perfume. It is in a container right now and not even in full sun, and is blooming day after day. When you walk past it, you can smell it. It is gorgeous. I was nervous because we do have a lot of issues with roses due to the high humidity here, and other than the knockout roses, long blooming roses in Georgia are a bit of a gamble. This one really got me by surprise and is amazing!

• harmonyp
    11 years ago

As I was looking through a sea of roses yesterday, this one bush amongst hundreds just popped out at me. I meandered over, and one whiff and she had me (or I knew I had to have her!) Fragrance - unworldly. Now awaiting me to prepare her new home...