Verdun

Winsome

Comments (11)

• Kippy
    11 years ago

Love them!

• ron_and_susan
    11 years ago

Seil-- Love your pics, but the one that caught my eye was that beautiful pic of Reine des Violettes.--Ron

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Winsome is a looker! I really like its deeper pink/purple shade. Also like Verdun's little globular bloom...very cute!

Tammy

• inga007
    11 years ago

Loved the Angel Face, but adored Reine des Violettes ,

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone! It's been a really difficult year for getting pics of RdV. Her blooms don't last long to begin with but this year with the heat and all it seems like they only last a moment and phffft...gone! But I go out to take photos sometimes 3 times a day so eventually I got a good one, lol! I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts. I tried to explain once to someone who stopped that the blooms don't stay the same and you have to catch them at their best or it's gone forever. And then the light is always changing too so that changes the picture as well. I don't think they really got it though.

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Wow, great pic of Paradise. I love the vibrant colors of all the blooms.

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Krista!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

I love the purples, too, especially Angel Face. It's one of the few roses whose blooms stand up to 100 degrees day in and day out and about zero humidity that we have here. I sympathize with you trying to take photos of these beautiful blooms. I've given up for the time being. Thanks for posting your lovely pics. Diane

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Oh!!! I love your Reine de Violette!!!!!! Wow!!!
    Angel Face is a stunner too!!!
    Winsome is lovely - that's a mini isn't it? So refined looking.
    These should be in a rose calendar!!!
    Carol

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Love these pics--but I must admit that on my computer, they appear to be more rose colored rather than purple--but still lovely.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Diane! AF is lovely but a terrible spot magnet too. But it was one of Mom's so it stays.

Thank you, Carol! Yes Winsome is one of the new minis I got this spring. So far it has out performed everything else! I hope it winters well.

Thanks, Kate, and you're not seeing things, lol. A lot of the "mauve" roses are more pink than purple most of the time. Only Angel Face and Paradise are consistently purple and never get that hot pink color the rest do. Even RdV will look pink sometimes. And I think this summer's high heat has made some of them even pinker than usual.