Winsome
Winsome

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purple Passions

Love them!

o

Seil-- Love your pics, but the one that caught my eye was that beautiful pic of Reine des Violettes.--Ron

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 7, 12 at 20:43

Winsome is a looker! I really like its deeper pink/purple shade. Also like Verdun's little globular bloom...very cute!

Tammy

o

Loved the Angel Face, but adored Reine des Violettes ,

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 13:14

Thanks everyone! It's been a really difficult year for getting pics of RdV. Her blooms don't last long to begin with but this year with the heat and all it seems like they only last a moment and phffft...gone! But I go out to take photos sometimes 3 times a day so eventually I got a good one, lol! I'm sure my neighbors think I'm nuts. I tried to explain once to someone who stopped that the blooms don't stay the same and you have to catch them at their best or it's gone forever. And then the light is always changing too so that changes the picture as well. I don't think they really got it though.

o

Wow, great pic of Paradise. I love the vibrant colors of all the blooms.

o

Thu, Aug 9, 12 at 13:19

Thanks, Krista!

o

I love the purples, too, especially Angel Face. It's one of the few roses whose blooms stand up to 100 degrees day in and day out and about zero humidity that we have here. I sympathize with you trying to take photos of these beautiful blooms. I've given up for the time being. Thanks for posting your lovely pics. Diane

o

Oh!!! I love your Reine de Violette!!!!!! Wow!!!
Angel Face is a stunner too!!!
Winsome is lovely - that's a mini isn't it? So refined looking.
These should be in a rose calendar!!!
Carol

o

Love these pics--but I must admit that on my computer, they appear to be more rose colored rather than purple--but still lovely.

Kate

o

Sat, Aug 11, 12 at 11:59

Thanks, Diane! AF is lovely but a terrible spot magnet too. But it was one of Mom's so it stays.

Thank you, Carol! Yes Winsome is one of the new minis I got this spring. So far it has out performed everything else! I hope it winters well.

Thanks, Kate, and you're not seeing things, lol. A lot of the "mauve" roses are more pink than purple most of the time. Only Angel Face and Paradise are consistently purple and never get that hot pink color the rest do. Even RdV will look pink sometimes. And I think this summer's high heat has made some of them even pinker than usual.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here