Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottfam125

Sweet Juliet!!

Love her color! New to me this year but thinking I'm gonna love her!!!

Comments (15)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry about two post. The first never showed up until I posted this one.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Prettypetals - That is a gorgeous rose, is she fragrant?

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes Sara Ann she is fragrant but not super strong! She's really beautiful!!

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

I don't blame you for being in love. Gorgeous!

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Ooooh!!! Looks lovely!! Love the coloring and the petals.
    Carol

• tigerloveroses
    9 years ago

Wonderful! I need to get one

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks y'all! She's a real beauty!!!

• muks29
    9 years ago

nice

• paulieinct
    9 years ago

Great pic.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    7 years ago

It's funny how mine is so peach and yours is yellow! Love her.

• suncoastflowers
    7 years ago

Both are beautiful!

• jjpeace (zone 5b Canada)
    7 years ago

I have known of this rose many years ago as I came across a youtube video of a nursery growing introducing this rose. It is a beauty!

• towandaaz
    7 years ago

Judy, since it's been more than two years since you posted the original picture of SJ can you say a bit about how it's done for you? Good bloom producer, disease resistance, bush shape, etc? I ordered SJ from DA for the upcoming season and I'm looking forward to it.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Towanda I absolutely love her. She has such gorgeous blooms in small clusters. Her bush growth is different it seems than most of my others. She seems bushier and leaves are diff. If it were in full bloom mode I could give better details. Lol. I had a weird case of powdery mildew in the spring in the bed several of SJ were in so her spring flush was ok but she had pretty good rebloom the rest of the year. Seems like she would grown a good 4 to 41/2 ft tall and a good 3 ft wide. She seems to last longer in a vase than lots of my other Austins. I spray for black spot but not regularly like I should but it still gets a little black,spot not to mention my crazy bout with powdery mildew this past spring. One more thing. I bought a couple on fortuiana(sp) root stock and they never seem to really get much peach to them. Always very pale or cream color. Hoping this year the two I have of her on that root stock have more color. You will absolutely love her though!!!

Vuon Hong your roses look lovely. You need to start another thread and share lots of photos of your beautiful garden. You will have limited viewers placing them on my thread and they are beautiful and I know everyone on here would love to see them!!!