Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would love to see your pretty blooms

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 20:02

Like I usually do, I went outdoors to give my roses one more look today and this lovely bloom of Tiffany caught my eye, Would love for any of you to share your pretty blooms.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would love to see your pretty blooms

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 21:08

Mister Lincoln: Excuse the rose slug damage... :-/

photo IMG_1329_zps33d48451.jpg

photo IMG_1335_zps33ad4578.jpg

photo IMG_1342_zpsb731904b.jpg

photo IMG_1346_zps59bd36ad.jpg

Thomas Affleck:

photo IMG_1283_zps00df4e92.jpg

Double Knockout:

photo IMG_1286_zps8c1750d2.jpg

This post was edited by jim1961 on Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 21:14

o

I've been trying to figure out photo bucket again but me old brain won't work. Got them down loaded there but can't get them here so going to just post one for now. A pretty shot of Gruss An Aachen. Judy

o

Wide open Quietness!

o

Caramel antique. I don't get many blooms out of this bush but they last forever inside or out and are gorgeous. I get usually 4 or 5 flushes with about 8-10 blooms per flush. Crazy huh?? Lol. Judy

o

Anne Boleyn! Love her!!

o

Jim - Love your Mister Lincoln, especially the beautiful bud and fully open bloom. Judy - Those are all gorgeous. Gruss An Aachen is a beautiful rose. I need to figure out how to post more than one picture at a time too, you're not alone in that.

o

If your using photobucket just copy and paste all the HTML Codes into one post.
Each pic will have a different HTML code...

o

Thanks Jim. I need to take the time to get it figured out.

Here's an arrangement of Tiffany from this morning.

o

Belinda's Dream always looks pretty in the heat.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sat, Aug 16, 14 at 9:02

o

Y'all's roses are sooooooo pretty! Thanks Jim. I will piddle with it again tonight!!

o

From earlier this year...

Edith Schurr

o

Grande Dame

o

Hanky Panky (mini)

o

Blue Suede Shoes (mini)

o

Parfum de Grasse

o

Yves Piaget

o

Brittie - Those are gorgeous, I love your Grande Dame and the minis are so pretty, love them all!

o

• Posted by muks29 Lahore, zone 10 appr (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 17, 14 at 10:22

californioa dreamin , an older pic, waiting for it to bloom this season

o

Prairie Star photo preview_image_0_40062122x.jpg

Prairie Star, above, is slow going this year but we love these roses when they succeed.

Aloha photo preview_image_0_88521432x.jpg

Aloha, above and below, is finally taking off after 5 years!

Aloha photo preview_image_1_15720982x.jpg

Below is our third try at Ebb Tide -- cold, critters or chaos did the first two in -- I think we finally have a permanent resident.

Ebb Tide 8-17-14 photo 6455ff8b-82ae-4a07-8cfe-af945130c8ff.jpg

Aloha and Abraham Darby photo preview_image_0_5819952x.jpg

Abraham Darby and Aloah along the back fence. I edited to brighten the washed-out colors in this photo.

Chicago Peace is our reliable old man of the back garden.

o

Oh Wow!!!!!
I'm loving this!!!

Brittie - I've never heard of Parfum de Grasse. Looks sooooo beautiful!!! Do you recommend this rose? Does it have fragrance?

Anne Bolelyn and Quietness are stunning!!!!!
They're all gorgeous, and I want to play too. :)
Here's Memorial Day

o

Here's Velvet Fragrance. Of course it's red - not the pink shown here. Love the fragrance!!
Carol

o

Woooooweeee everyone's roses are gorgeous! We have the best hobby in the world!! photo imagejpg6.jpg

o

A couple more

o

I certainly agree prettypetals! These posts are terrible though (lol) because I always end up wanting everything that I see. For instance, what is that peachy colored rose in your last post??

Memorial Day is one that I want. Everyone always has such nice pictures of it! And Tiffany is one of my favorites. I'm a total fragrance snob, so anything smelly always grabs my attention.

re: Parfum de Grasse- I'm on the fence about this one. It does have fragrance, the blooms are wonderfully gaudy- very unlike anything else I have- and the shiny foliage is disease resistant. The plant isn't especially vigorous though. I've had it for two years, and it's around 3ft tall and less than a foot wide. Maybe it will surprise me next year.

o

Hey Brittie!! I bought that rose at the beginning of my rose obsession and it was a no named pot I bought at Lowes. I loved it so much I bought 6 of them. I know what you mean about wanting lots bc of the gorgeous pics everyone post. I'm at my limit but I can always find a spot for one if I need to. Lol. I think this one is Shepherdess.

o

Oh, I just love it, and yeah there's always room for one more. :)

o

Brittle I've always wanted Yves Piaget. Is it a good bloomer and how tall does yours get?? Judy.

o

Everyone has posted some gorgeous roses on here. Prettypetals you have some lovely ones. Carol - I love your Memorial Day bush and every time I see the name Velvet Fragrance I want that rose!

o

This is indeed one of the prettiest threads I've ever viewed. I love every one of these roses!

Everything is semi-dormant in my garden--think I'm rose-starved!

Kate

o

Me too Kate! I get one flower, and I'm all jumping up and down before snatching it and putting it in water inside. I tell everyone, "do you SEE my pretty flower?" lol

I love Yves Piaget. People talk about its gawky shape, but I really don't know if it's more gawky than a lot of hybrid teas. Definitely not a rounded bush shape though, it's more open vase shaped, so you would probably want to have it mixed in with other things so that wouldn't stand out. The flowers are huge, super smelly and don't even care about the heat. I DO have to pick them early though, because the sun will fade them by the end of the day. My plant is about four feet tall and about three feet wide. It's just now finishing a flush of about 12 flowers- not bad for this weather! There isn't a lot of foliage right now, but that's true of most of the hybrid teas. I haven't noticed any disease on this one.

This post was edited by brittie on Tue, Aug 19, 14 at 11:44

o

Thanks Brittie! I've been replacing some of my older roses that I never want to cut to bring in with ones I absolutely love. English roses!! So if I have a spot left I will def know who may be joining my rose family.
Carol your Memorial Day is gorgeous!!!
Now let me see who I wanna post today. Lol. Can't figure out who this one is but she's pretty!! Judy

o

Cream abundance

o

Sweet Juliet!!!

o

Thanks for your nice comments about Memorial Day!!

I'm just in love with this post!!!!
Carol

o

Carol - I've been back and forth on whether to get Memorial Day for a long time, I've decided I have to have it, you've helped with that decision.

Prettypetals - I love all those softly colored roses, they are so beautiful!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 13:36

Ooooo, Ahhhhh! These are all beauties!

o

Really lovin' these!! Thanks so much rosy friends!!! :-)

o

Another bloom of Tiffany, can't believe I missed this picture.

o

Another Peace bloom

o

Gorgeous Sara Ann. I really need to try Peace one more time. Your photo is simply gorgeous.

o

Sara-Ann - the smell is fantastic - it won me a 1st place for fragrance!!! And the smell is consistently strong.
Here's a bud form:

o

And here's an open bloom form:
Carol

o

Prettypetals - Thank you, hopefully if you try Peace again, it will do good for you, I hope so. Fragrant Cloud is a rose I haven't had very good luck with, but it is a rose I really like, so I'm going to try it again, hopefully with success. Carol - Thanks for more pictures of Memorial Day and congrats for the First Place for fragrance with it. The rose is so lovely, that and the fragrance make it my kind of rose! It is definitely on my list for next season!

o

Well, now I MUST get Memorial Day. haha! Cream Abundance is so beautiful. I'm always drawn to the soft colors, but they tend to be really big thrip magnets for me. Still, I buy them. Oh well.

Got a few new ones from my camera. These are recent.

Halloween

o

Poseiden

o
RE: Would love to see your pretty blooms!

Tahitian Sunset

o

Brittie - resistance is futile!!! Memorial Day must be yours!! LOL

Love your shot of Poseidon!!
Tahitian Sunset is a rose I've always thought about getting. What is its fragrance like? What do you think about this rose?

Carol

o

In general, I like it. I've had it for two years, and don't remember any problems with disease. The foliage is nice, and it continues to bloom in the heat. It has stayed around three feet for me, but who knows if it will shoot up taller next year? Would you believe that I have no idea if it is fragrant or not? I made no notes about it in my hmf journal, so... it's possible that I have never bent over to sniff it! Yikes!

o

Brittle don't you just love Poseidon!! I cut mine waaaaay back since it was getting so tall but it's budded up all over. It's such a vintage looking rose! Your pics are great. Judy

o

I do, and mine is enormous also! I would have posted a full bush shot, but it was only blooming on one side, sort of low. I don't know how I'm going to manage clipping mine back, because some of the canes are about an inch thick. Geez.

Took this one two hours ago, and it was 96 degrees outside. I don't know what it is right now, because I'm sure not going out there. lol

Rouge Royale

o

Wow Brittie an inch thick. Lol. Gonna have to pull out a chain saw!! Heehee!! Rouge Royale looks really pretty!

Pretty sure this one is Classic Woman. My memory is so bad it's crazy!

o

Classic Woman is one that I've been eyeballing. She's beautiful!

o

How to choose? These are all so beautiful!

Here's Pam's Choice
Pam's Choice floribunda photo RosefloribundaPamsChoiceJune2820145_zpsbc5cfbf7.jpg

o

Ooh la la loving Pam's Choice. I believe I ordered her one time but she died. That's a beautiful picture of her Redwolf!

This is my first year with Classic Woman but she's beautiful. Not putting out many blooms lately but sure when cooler temps hit she will start popping. Judy

o

Heritage, Snow something or other ;) and a red rose that I stubbed my toe on in the grass 3 yrs ago, when I bought my house. Dug up the 1 inch stumpy cane and it's 5foot tall today.

o

Rachel I love your collage! Soooooo pretty! Judy

o

Thank u judy! I love all my roses. But those ones are the best at the moment

o

Here's a Love

o

That's beautiful Holly!

o

This is my Evelyn. Her color is so pretty!

o

SDLM after it rained.

This post was edited by boncrow66 on Mon, Sep 15, 14 at 9:33

o

Still more beautiful roses!!! We are all so lucky to be able to share such richness of color and shape.
Carol

o

Gorgeous boncrow! Love Evelyn!! Judy

o

Thanks Prettypetals! She's one of my faves! All of the pics of your roses are just beautiful.
Sara-Ann I'm glad you started this thread off with pics of your beautiful roses too. I have enjoyed looking at everyone's blooms, I can't pick a favorite because they are so gorgeous. But I do have to say that if you can describe a rose as sexy, that's how I would describe Classic Woman lol. That is one sensuous rose for sure! I may have to have it lol.

o

Thanks Boncrow, your Evelyn is gorgeous. I've enjoyed this thread a lot. Everyone has some beautiful roses on here.

o

Brittle you have posted some beautiful roses too and I'm glad to see what is doing well in Houston as I only live about 1 hour east of you. I am considering Posidein and yours is beautiful.
Thanks Sara-Ann, my roses have been resting due to the heat so I haven't had many blooms but Evelyn always has at least one bloom for me.

o

Tiffany

o

The unknown rose I found as a mowed down 2inch cane in the grass :) my favorite

o

SDLM -- there is a reason why this is one of the world's most favorite roses! I have been so happy with this one this summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here